-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NPTE JAN 2014
Started by KeepSmiling:-)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck everyone! Remember, we have had 2.5-3 years of training and 6 weeks of studying to get us to this point. 🙂 Get plenty of sleep and eat breakfast!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What say everyone? I thought it was pretty rough. There were questions from nooks & corners of many books. I didn't have fun really. Meh...
Uggh.
Yeah.. what I don't like is some option answers are laughable. Like you said twisted..I keep thinking that it must be some use of those meaningless answer options & search for connection with the question & confuse the life out of me.
Why do they do that! !
Why do they do that! !
Omg!!!!
Tell me what happned finally!!
307, member: 567025"]Hi guys,
I received an email frm my prometric center saying that the prometric center is gonna b closed becoz of bad weather...
Did this happened to anyone..[/quote]
Omg.. tell me what ahppned
Tell me what happned finally!!
I received an email frm my prometric center saying that the prometric center is gonna b closed becoz of bad weather...
Did this happened to anyone..[/quote]
Omg.. tell me what ahppned
Yeah the test definitely sucked the life out of me. I still have a headache today. I hope to God I passed so I don't have to do that ever again.
I have not begun PT school yet, and I'm not clear on when you can take the NPTE. I've heard you must graduate from the program first to take the July exam, or you may be able to request to take it earlier (not sure how often that happens). Does your school allow you to take the NPTE in January for the first time, before graduating or are you retaking it?
PS. Good luck to all!!!
Can someone please respond to my question? I am a prospective physical therapy student and want to find out when you can take the NPTE. I am not trolling, I genuinely want to find out if your schools let you take it after the academic/classroom learning is done, which for most programs is in December. Thank you in advance.
Omg!!!!
Tell me what happned finally!
Hey,
I got a new schedule...
I have the exam on 5 th of February.... But, u guys r scaring me to death!!!!
Idleb.
Can someone please respond to my question? I am a prospective physical therapy student and want to find out when you can take the NPTE. I am not trolling, I genuinely want to find out if your schools let you take it after the academic/classroom learning is done, which for most programs is in December. Thank you in advance.
You can't take the NPTE until you graduate. I assume most of us that took the test Jan 29 graduated in December, are on their 2nd try, or were eligible to take it in October and decided to wait until January.
You can't take the NPTE until you graduate. I assume most of us that took the test Jan 29 graduated in December, are on their 2nd try, or were eligible to take it in October and decided to wait until January.
That's actually not true... depending on the state you want to gain licensure (is that a word? haha) in you can take the exam before you graduate as long as all classroom work is done (and you are just on clinicals). But, for me, I graduated in December, so that's why I took it.
Idleb, I'm so glad you got a test date and extra time to study! The test is hard, but everyone says that and everyone feels like they failed afterwards. We just gotta cross our fingers we passed! And you don't let us ruin your mojo!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's actually not true... depending on the state you want to gain licensure (is that a word? haha) in you can take the exam before you graduate as long as all classroom work is done (and you are just on clinicals). But, for me, I graduated in December, so that's why I took it.
That's right. It depends on the state. When you apply to the State board, they tell you whether you are authorized or not to take the exam. I would call the State Board & ask.
Here's what I learnt already - take one question at a time - don't think easy/difficult/pass/etc.
JUST use your best judgement for one question at a time.
Good Luck!!
JUST use your best judgement for one question at a time.
Good Luck!!
Hahahhahaha... Oh come on Marcel!Yeah the test definitely sucked the life out of me. I still have a headache today. I hope to God I passed so I don't have to do that ever again.
Have you ever heard of GMAT? I've heard management folks actually enjoy studying for it. It gives them some kinda adrenaline.
But then, hey, GMAT is not 5+ hours!!
The sheer duration of NPTE is brain-taxing. On my 200th question, a part of my brain was like "We're qualified to treat humans. Let us go. Please"
Hahahhha!!
Hahahhahaha... Oh come on Marcel!
Have you ever heard of GMAT? I've heard management folks actually enjoy studying for it. It gives them some kinda adrenaline.
But then, hey, GMAT is not 5+ hours!!
The sheer duration of NPTE is brain-taxing. On my 200th question, a part of my brain was like "We're qualified to treat humans. Let us go. Please"
Hahahhha!!
Those people are SICK. lol. Yes, I got to the last fifty questions and couldn't see straight... then I literally couldn't read the clock when I left, I had to have the lady tell me what time it was... Haha
That's actually not true... depending on the state you want to gain licensure (is that a word? haha) in you can take the exam before you graduate as long as all classroom work is done (and you are just on clinicals). But, for me, I graduated in December, so that's why I took it.
Oh yeah, you are right. That is true. You are allowed to take it your last semester. My state does not allow that anymore.
Oh yeah, you are right. That is true. You are allowed to take it your last semester. My state does not allow that anymore.
Yeah, it wasn't true before, and like you said- it depends on the state and it seems like things are ALWAYS changing!
That's actually not true... depending on the state you want to gain licensure (is that a word? haha) in you can take the exam before you graduate as long as all classroom work is done (and you are just on clinicals). But, for me, I graduated in December, so that's why I took it.
Thanks! I've heard SPTs that were about to graduate in May say they wish they could take the NPTE earlier than in July, so I was curious if everyone on this thread was able to take it sooner through their state policy. I failed to take into account that some programs run on a different schedule and students graduate in December. Also did not realize the NPTE is 5+ hours, you guys are scaring me 😱
Took it Wed, feel "meh" about it. Literally was laughing at some points. Just looking forward to Superbowl, good luck everyone!
Super baaaawl!
when will the results be out!
I'm bored already!


I'm bored already!


Well, I know that at least for PA when you use the search function you can find your name quicker than it will appear if you login to the state website and/or FBSPT's site... Not sure if that is true of all states. Also, I'm wondering if I'll be able to find out tomorrow because last year I had a couple people tell me they found out on Monday (4 business days following the test and the state is supposed to receive the results within 5 business days...) But, I guess we just have to keep impatiently waiting. I keep teetering between forgetting about it and completely enjoying doing nothing but lay around and watch tv and then freaking out that maybe I didn't pass (my job is waiting for me!)
Me too keep buzzing in and out of relaxed state of mind and anxiety..!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Frankly,
I'm just scared to log in & check.
Can someone else do that for me? Lol.
I get Cold Hands when I key the ID to log in!
Heee heeee..
I'm just scared to log in & check.
Can someone else do that for me? Lol.
I get Cold Hands when I key the ID to log in!
Heee heeee..
My BP was considerably high this AM when I checked. I felt "ok" about the test after I left prometric, now I am sure that I failed it...sucks! Anyone else feeling the same?
So I just logged into FBSPT and next to my name is says "Score Recieved from Prometric - PASSED" ----- Now, WHAT does it mean when it says about just because you passed you may not be licensed... I assume that's because they need to send the info to the state and then the state would process me (I mean, I graduated and did everything!)
Last edited:
Hi Markel
congrats for your success. could you plz tell me, where do you find ur results, i couldn't able to see my result in "status of request" and am unable to log in FSBPT as npte candidate either. am nervous , waiting for my result. am praying and left all to my almighty.
congrats for your success. could you plz tell me, where do you find ur results, i couldn't able to see my result in "status of request" and am unable to log in FSBPT as npte candidate either. am nervous , waiting for my result. am praying and left all to my almighty.
I logged into FBSPT under status of my request and current status now states that I passed (it used to have a link to my ATT letter)-- some of my classmates have no information either. 🙁
Hey my status also says PASSED.....!!!! Does that mean I scored above 600??? I am still paranoid... Please help.....!!!!!!!!!
I'm paranoid too-- I just want my license number NOW. Then I know it's for real!Hey my status also says PASSED.....!!!! Does that mean I scored above 600??? I am still paranoid... Please help.....!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to all those who passed





We did it....!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone still studying for the PT exam??
everyone here sounds like they've given the PT exam already..
I could get some generous pointers.. 😀
little about me.. ive been working on my practise tests along side studying n get like 56-60%.. not very encouraging ://
Im looking at IER currently any other book you guys recommend?
I could get some generous pointers.. 😀
little about me.. ive been working on my practise tests along side studying n get like 56-60%.. not very encouraging ://
Im looking at IER currently any other book you guys recommend?
i am preparing for april 2014...when r u planning to appearis anyone still studying for the PT exam??
Congrats everybody! It will depend on your states as to how long it takes for them to actually process your license. If you live in Illinois, don't expect it to be soon. Illinois processes all types of licenses(security guard, nurse, pharm tech, hair dresser, etc.) through the same office.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K