NPTE Oct 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pratima1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did everyone do on Today's NPTE exam? Appearing again :( and this is my last change.
- Posting for my partner :love:

Members don't see this ad.

How did everyone do on Today's NPTE exam? Appearing again :( and this is my last change.
- Posting for my partner :love:

I just want to give my story. I took the NPTE 2x. Failed first time by a hair (594). Passed the 2nd time (654). Here's what I did.
First time, I read through Scorebuilders cover to cover and took the 3 scorebuilders, 1 O'Sullivan's, 1 PEAT, 2 Online Advantages (made by Scorebuilders). All practice tests I went over every question and read the commentary on each answer.
Practice test results: 65-68 in scorebuilders, 61 in O'Sullivans, a 608 on the PEAT, 65-68 in Online Advantage tests.
I went into the exam in a haze and I really felt disoriented. I think for me a lot of it was that I felt fatigued when I took the exam and it was just overwhelming--too much at one time.
After the exam, I prepared exclusively with O'Sullivans and wrote out a study guide. The first time I took the test I had just read through the book and didn't create my own study guide. Will send this to anyone who wants it. Creating a study guide and the harder content of the O'Sullivan's text just made my preparation go better.
Practice exam scores were in the mid to high 70s, early 80s at this point, but that is not a good predictor because I had taken the practice exams once already and remembered some of the answers.
I continued studying O'Sullivan until I had read the entire book through cover to cover. I kept taking the practice exams over and over and I bought two Iphone Apps-- PT Content Master ($20) and PT Question of the Day. ($10 for 6 month subscription). I kept doing questions and reading O'Sullivan.
Second time I took the exam I was more relaxed and when I finished the exam I felt like I could have kept going. My endurance wasn't shot to hell at that time. I also learned a trick or two. I budgeted time better. You have 5 hours. I used 1 hour for every section and made sure to mark and go back to any questions I didn't know. I used ALL the time. Up to the last second I spent checking and rechecking my answers.

Reactions: 1 users
I gave exam in California. I did not receive letter from from state board yet. Did you guys receive it?