NRMP Fellowship Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RazorSB123

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi --

I am currently a PGY3 internal medicine resident who has applied to fellowship programs via the NRMP Fellowship Match. Match results are scheduled to be released on December 6, 2017, however, I am wondering if the program where I currently practice as a resident will receive the results before I do.
 
Hi --

I am currently a PGY3 internal medicine resident who has applied to fellowship programs via the NRMP Fellowship Match. Match results are scheduled to be released on December 6, 2017, however, I am wondering if the program where I currently practice as a resident will receive the results before I do.

For the residency match, there's a prolonged timeline where people find out if they matched on one day, schools find out another day, programs another day, and match day is another day still. For fellowship, that's all out the window. Fellowship programs and applicants find out at the exact same time. As for residency programs, I'm not even sure if they get the comprehensive list of results at all. They always had to ask the PGY3s.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you find out separately if you have matched, and then later where you matched? Or is that just at the same time too?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile