Nrmp rules?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxBoy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading archived posts, my understanding is you can volunteer any info you want to a program like, "I intend on ranking your program #1".. but you break the rules when you ask the program exactly what spot your ranked, or they ask you.

So my question:
1) Do you think its wise to email the PD and let them know you rank the program #1.
2) SHould this be done before the interview offer, before the actual interview, or after the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been told by several people that programs want to know who they are getting as badly as we want to know where we are going, so yes that email can help.

That said I dont see how you can send the email before an interview as you can't say you are my #1 when you haven't looked anywhere else.

If you want to help get the interview you can always call to check on your app status or tell the program you are very interested in them; the #1 thing is for latter in the season.

just my $0.01 (I haven't earned the full 2 cents yet)

after the interview, and preferably after all your interviews. after all your interviews but way before actual match day (this period is way longer than you think, in fact last year it seemed endless.)