NSU-KPCOM [A] vs RVU-CO [APS] vs wait & see for DUQCOM [W]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flakyseasaltfan

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I'm currently deciding between Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine (accepted) or Rocky Vista University Colorado (accepted-pending-space for 2026 or automatic acceptance for 2027). I also really liked Duquesne College of Osteopathic Medicine (waitlisted).

Here is what I am debating between these programs:

Nova Southeastern pros/cons:
  • Pro: strong hospital/rotation network in FL
  • Con: less support for boards prep compared to other schools I have interviewed at (from what I can tell, lmk if I am wrong)
Rocky Vista CO pros/cons:
  • Pro: dedicated board exam resources (resources like AMBOSS included in tuition)
  • Con: clinical rotation sites can be spread between CO/UT and/or are kinda hard to organize (from what I can tell)
Duquesne pros/cons (if ultimately accepted):
  • Pro: dedicated board exam resources/support & has a strong hospital system for rotations (impressive, especially for a new program)
  • Con: new program; hasn't graduated its first class yet, so not a lot of info to work off of here

For any additional context: I am most interested in either EM or PM&R (I know these are super different from eachother haha). I am considering where I could make the most of my time in order to tailor my experiences toward these two specialties. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks 🙂