NSU KPCOM (Clearwater) vs. KCUMB (Kansas City)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tacti_Turtleneck

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Have multiple acceptances to DO programs, and narrowed it down to these two. I am a Florida resident. NSU's declining board scores, along with the fact that I was accepted to a new campus with very little known quantities is definitely concerning to me. However, I am a FL resident who would like, if possible, to complete my residency in FL as well as ultimately practice here.

KCU definitely had an impressive match this year, has impressive board scores (although this is primarily anecdotal). I have only been for interview day, and wasn't able to explore the area much which is a concern of mine having lived in FL my whole life.

Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also born and raised in Florida and I was accepted to KCU this cycle and will be attending. I received an II to NSU but declined it because I was already accepted to KCU. While I too would have preferred to stay in Florida, KCU was the best option available to me, and when comparing the board scores and match lists between KCU and NSU my choice was clear. Also, KCU has a lower tuition and the cost of living is much lower than in Florida (I'm trying to save money here lol). But overall, my decision was mainly dictated by, as you said "NSU's declining board scores"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
Have multiple acceptances to DO programs, and narrowed it down to these two. I am a Florida resident. NSU's declining board scores, along with the fact that I was accepted to a new campus with very little known quantities is definitely concerning to me. However, I am a FL resident who would like, if possible, to complete my residency in FL as well as ultimately practice here.

KCU definitely had an impressive match this year, has impressive board scores (although this is primarily anecdotal). I have only been for interview day, and wasn't able to explore the area much which is a concern of mine having lived in FL my whole life.

Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!
I can't recommend Nova, because:

three of the four last years have declining first-time COMLEX pass rates. They're now at ~85% and on top of this, some 7% of their 2018 grads failed to match. This was the second worst match rate among all the COMs (only WCU did worse). These are things you expect from a new school, not a veteran. Something is very wrong there.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm making the same choice right now. I was born and raised ten minutes from Nova. Accepted to Nova DO and DMU/ KCU among other schools. It's going to be a change but I'm looking to start at DMU in July.

Reactions: 1 user
Happy to help! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Good morning! I was wondering if you could give please PM me whenever you get a chance on why why you would/wouldn't recommend Nova? I have been offered a position at their clearwater campus and am unsure if I should accept it.

Thanks in advance!