NSU KPCOM (Tampa) vs. LMU-DCOM (Knoxville)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeehawcowgirl12

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am excited to say I have recently been accepted to both NSU KPCOM and LMU DCOM. I can’t believe this day has finally come and I have an opportunity to choose which medical school to attend. With that being said, I would love to hear what others have to say about both of these schools. I have heard many pros and cons for both schools. I have also had the opportunity to talk with 3 Nova students about their experiences but unfortunately I don’t know anyone that goes to DCOM. As for myself, I am a Florida resident so as of now I am leaning more towards Nova but I am trying to justify paying 67k for tuition per year + cost of living. I am interested to hear if anyone has any information regarding their rotation sites as well as their USMLE scores/board prep. I’m all ears!

Members don't see this ad.

LMU is a scam of a med school. I'm buddies with a professor there who has basically told me as much. I'd honestly not go to med school before I'd go to LMU, there's a chance you won't match.

So assuming NSU is a, like, legitimate institution, this is an easy decision.

Don't go to LMU, and tell all your friends not to go.

Edit: I cant speak to NSU, I know nothing, but I assure you it's better than LMU

LMU is a scam of a med school. I'm buddies with a professor there who has basically told me as much. I'd honestly not go to med school before I'd go to LMU, there's a chance you won't match.

So assuming NSU is a, like, legitimate institution, this is an easy decision.

Don't go to LMU, and tell all your friends not to go.

Edit: I cant speak to NSU, I know nothing, but I assure you it's better than LMU
Don't you have anything else to write and how do you really know??

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't you have anything else to write and how do you really know??
I've had multiple students and residents who went there tell me it was awful.

I was rotating with an LMU 4th year recently (I'm a brand-new M3) and I was better than her clinically. It was ridiculous, she has a full year of experience on me. The other LMU guy told me he wasn't allowed to see patients on his IM rotation......

Look, I'm sure the people who graduated from there are fine once residency is over, I've just been told being an LMU student makes things a lot harder than it has to be. I can't know because I'm not a student there, but not once have I ever heard anyone talk about the place positively

I've had multiple students and residents who went there tell me it was awful.

I was rotating with an LMU 4th year recently (I'm a brand-new M3) and I was better than her clinically. It was ridiculous, she has a full year of experience on me. The other LMU guy told me he wasn't allowed to see patients on his IM rotation......

Look, I'm sure the people who graduated from there are fine once residency is over, I've just been told being an LMU student makes things a lot harder than it has to be. I can't know because I'm not a student there, but not once have I ever heard anyone talk about the place positively
Thanks. Where are you a student??