You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NSU Master of Biomedical science 2020 Fall & Winter
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Does anyone know if the new program a good reputation? Is anyone in the program that can comment?
Does anyone know when is the deadline to apply for Fall 2021?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tmontanta300
Full Member
Have you heard from the admissions from NOVA yet?Thank you for the update!, even though my stomach dropped lol
tmontanta300
Full Member
Has anyone heard from NOVA regarding to their biomedical science program for fall 2021 yet?
My anxiety is through the roof and I contacted Nikki and she said that they were supposed to start letting people know mid February but its march now :/.
My anxiety is through the roof and I contacted Nikki and she said that they were supposed to start letting people know mid February but its march now :/.
TeresaE
Full Member
nooooo, now i am very nervous and stressed!Has anyone heard from NOVA regarding to their biomedical science program for fall 2021 yet?
My anxiety is through the roof and I contacted Nikki and she said that they were supposed to start letting people know mid February but its march now :/.
tmontanta300
Full Member
Honestly, same.nooooo, now i am very nervous and stressed!
TeresaE
Full Member
when did you apply?Honestly, same.
tmontanta300
Full Member
Girl, in January then I received a call in February saying that my application is now under review and has been processed and now im waiting.when did you apply?
TeresaE
Full Member
OMG me too smh, the same exact thing. I don't know how many people in this chat applied for Fall 2021 because this is the Winter thread. I tried creating a new thread for Fall but i don't know how.Girl, in January then I received a call in February saying that my application is now under review and has been processed and now im waiting.
tmontanta300
Full Member
Lol I wish I knew how to start a new thread for fall 2021 as well, would've been easier to get information from others.OMG me too smh, the same exact thing. I don't know how many people in this chat applied for Fall 2021 because this is the Winter thread. I tried creating a new thread for Fall but i don't know how.
tmontanta300
Full Member
I figured out how to start a new thread, I just started itOMG me too smh, the same exact thing. I don't know how many people in this chat applied for Fall 2021 because this is the Winter thread. I tried creating a new thread for Fall but i don't know how.
TeresaE
Full Member
I was reading the thread for Fall 2020. A few people got responses in May and June. But Nikki said we would hear back mid Feb.. This is the last week i am waiting . If i don't hear anything this Friday i am calling Monday. But maybe they are a little behind schedule because she was on vacation last week. I emailed her and i got an automated message saying she was out of the office until Feb 22. I Hope this week we hear something. I am happy no one responded yet tbh lol that means they didn't start the process yet. But there are some people that applied and they never been contacted about their application. We are lucky to get an email and phone call conformation, so i feel good about that.Lol I wish I knew how to start a new thread for fall 2021 as well, would've been easier to get information from others.
tmontanta300
Full Member
I saw that, I hope they don't do that to us and give us an answer so that way we aren't clueless or still waiting.I was reading the thread for Fall 2020. A few people got responses in May and June. But Nikki said we would hear back mid Feb.. This is the last week i am waiting . If i don't hear anything this Friday i am calling Monday. But maybe they are a little behind schedule because she was on vacation last week. I emailed her and i got an automated message saying she was out of the office until Feb 22. I Hope this week we hear something. I am happy no one responded yet tbh lol that means they didn't start the process yet. But there are some people that applied and they never been contacted about their application. We are lucky to get an email and phone call conformation, so i feel good about that.
TeresaE
Full Member
I just read another thread for 2019, someone applied January as well, they said later March/ early April is when they start calling peopleI saw that, I hope they don't do that to us and give us an answer so that way we aren't clueless or still waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tmontanta300
Full Member
lol I don't think I can be patient for that long, but thanks girl.I just read another thread for 2019, someone applied January as well, they said later March/ early April is when they start calling people
nguytiffany
New Member
Hi! I'm on the same boat as you. I applied late January and haven't heard anything other than a phone call that my application is under review. Can you link the new thread? Thanks!I figured out how to start a new thread, I just started it
TeresaE
Full Member
Hi! I'm on the same boat as you. I applied late January and haven't heard anything other than a phone call that my application is under review. Can you link the new thread? Thanks!
NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021
Hey guys! I applied to the NSU biomedical program for Fall 2021 and was wondering if anyone has heard anything back from the admissions yet.
Do you get a guaranteed Interview with NSU DO program?Good afternoon guys,
I'm currently in the program right now and I just want to shed a light on the program. A huge reason why I wanted this program was for the guaranteed interview - which is very hard to get. on the website you have to talk about it to counselors and well I was mislead - and ultimately for the MD interview you need an overall GPA of 3.5 . The way i was told, prior to accepting my seat was that it was based off the GPA in you graduate studies . I went into the program with a decent undergrad GPA (above 3.0, below 3.4) and I will still not make the overall GPA of 3.5 so I'm automatically out. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up because I wish I knew this prior to spending all this money on the program.
tmontanta300
Full Member
So they base your GPA off of your undergraduate studies and not your graduate GPA?Good afternoon guys,
I'm currently in the program right now and I just want to shed a light on the program. A huge reason why I wanted this program was for the guaranteed interview - which is very hard to get. on the website you have to talk about it to counselors and well I was mislead - and ultimately for the MD interview you need an overall GPA of 3.5 . The way i was told, prior to accepting my seat was that it was based off the GPA in you graduate studies . I went into the program with a decent undergrad GPA (above 3.0, below 3.4) and I will still not make the overall GPA of 3.5 so I'm automatically out. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up because I wish I knew this prior to spending all this money on the program.
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Nikki told me you need a 3.0 Undergrad GPA and a 3.5 Graduate GPA in the program and a 505 MCAT for the interview. It is all or nothing, so if you are missing one of those marks you are not guaranteed the interview.
Kinda sad since the GPA requirement is a 2.5.... Other prograns just look at your graduate GPA and want a 500 MCAT
Kinda sad since the GPA requirement is a 2.5.... Other prograns just look at your graduate GPA and want a 500 MCAT
tmontanta300
Full Member
have you heard anything back from her regarding to your application?Nikki told me you need a 3.0 Undergrad GPA and a 3.5 Graduate GPA in the program and a 505 MCAT for the interview. It is all or nothing, so if you are missing one of those marks you are not guaranteed the interview.
Kinda sad since the GPA requirement is a 2.5.... Other prograns just look at your graduate GPA and want a 500 MCAT
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
I already submitted and have yet to receive a call from her to tell me that it is complete. I hope I get into this program tho. I already got accepted to PCOM-GA campus
kelsey9602
Full Member
MDDo you get a guaranteed Interview with NSU DO program?
tmontanta300
Full Member
did they waiver their test scores as well?I already submitted and have yet to receive a call from her to tell me that it is complete. I hope I get into this program tho. I already got accepted to PCOM-GA campus
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
I do not remember but I sent my MCAT regardless.
Any news from anyone? What does your profile on the application say under admit type for those accepted? I emailed her but no response
Did you end up getting accepted?I got wait listed as well. I guess that’s better than not getting accepted right out of the gate! I hope the final considerations are sent out soon. I plan on deferring to the winter anyways but fingers crossed. Congrats to everybody who got accepted or at least waitlisted!
Did you end up getting accepted?I got waitlisted! At least we are still being considered! Been waiting since March. Hopefully we all get wonderful news soon!
Anyone know how many people get accepted from the interview? I’m wanting to go the MD route. GPA 3.5 and MCAT 506 already. Also how hard is it to get accepted to the program, and how rigorous is it? I come from a top 20 Uni.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JbMD2015
New Member
I want to thank you for your interest in Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine’s Master of Biomedical Science Program. The Committee on Admissions carefully considers all submitted applications and is in the process of reviewing your application and the applications of other candidates who applied to this program. Once a final decision concerning your status has been made, you will be notified by mail. All final decision letters will be mailed by the admissions ,deadline.I spoke to Nikki today. She said if you received the email saying they are continuing to review your application that it doesn't mean that your waitlisted but after the admissions committee reviewed your application, they didn't come to an initial decision but want to continue reviewing the application and they will reach out to us as soon as they come to a final decision. Since we've been waiting over 7 weeks she didn't have an answer as far as the final timeline to expect a decision but i expect I will be similar to fall
Is this the email you're referring to?
Sophia95
New Member
I got this letter in an email last week and I applied 2 months agoI want to thank you for your interest in Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine’s Master of Biomedical Science Program. The Committee on Admissions carefully considers all submitted applications and is in the process of reviewing your application and the applications of other candidates who applied to this program. Once a final decision concerning your status has been made, you will be notified by mail. All final decision letters will be mailed by the admissions ,deadline.
Is this the email you're referring to?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 7K