1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NSU question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by menten, Apr 27, 2004.

1. menten

menten Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I had a question for those of you who have already applied to NSU or are planning to for 2005 - I have taken organic I and substituted biochem for organic II because a couple of the programs I was looking at allowed that. I have already taken the MCAT, but see 8 hours of organic is an admissions requirement. Does anyone know if biochem can be substituted? And if not, could you be currently enrolled in it during the fall semester as you are applying? Otherwise my pre-reqs are complete. Any advice is appreciated!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AUdacious

AUdacious ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey there,

I know that you can be enrolled in a pre-req while applying but I'm not sure if they will sub the biochem for organic II. If I were you, I wouldnt take anyone's word for it though; I would call admissions myself. Good luck.

NSUCOM M1

4. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thats the best advise I could have given as well.

Subing carbohydrate chemistry for amino acid pathways and krebs cycles....

I never knew you could sub those classes.

5. menten

menten Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely planning to do that. Also, I was looking through the student handbook online, and see that the third and fourth year rotations seem to be at a number of different facilities. I don't really understand how you are assigned your locations, I read that the hospitals are "ranked", and that you are randomnly assigned a number in a computer, and then can possibly swap locations with other students. In what way do they rank the hospitals? Do you go to one location for all of your rotations, or do you rotate through different hospitals during the third and fourth years?

6. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You rank where you want to go and then they pull a lotto. Some want to go to Orlando, some want to go to the west coast, some want to stay near the school. (i.e. family and kids issues) They try and make it the fairest way of all by doing a drawing. Thats what I gathered.