You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NSUCOM Class of 2013
Started by axylotl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got all my goodies today..id card, parking decal, and white coat!
for those who already picked up their whitecoat..i tried mine on already and just wanted to make sure about the length.. it goes to about my upper thigh..I know we are going to be having short coats but is that about the length it should be??
I picked up my coat today, and yes it is very short. I am 6'4" I ordered a "long" and i still don't think that did the trick. The sleeves come about 4-6" short of my wrist. Is it fitting that way for anyone else? Maybe I need to bring them to a tailor and have them let the sleeves out...
I picked up my coat today, and yes it is very short. I am 6'4" I ordered a "long" and i still don't think that did the trick. The sleeves come about 4-6" short of my wrist. Is it fitting that way for anyone else? Maybe I need to bring them to a tailor and have them let the sleeves out...
The sleeves were not so much a problem for me... I don't think I even realized you could order them long... hopefully other people will weigh in with how their coats fit. But I'll tell you I felt nice and sophisticated with that bad boy on!
I picked up my coat today, and yes it is very short. I am 6'4" I ordered a "long" and i still don't think that did the trick. The sleeves come about 4-6" short of my wrist. Is it fitting that way for anyone else? Maybe I need to bring them to a tailor and have them let the sleeves out...
That was my biggest fear when ordering those. I saw that the "long" was for up to 6'3". I am 6'5" and have about a 52 inch chest. I thought those coats would look pretty goofy on me. I had to special order my current one. You MAY have to see about getting patches and doing the same. (Different schools I know...but that is what happened here)
Thanks for reminding me bastard!!!one more week of freedom left guys!
Thanks for reminding me bastard!!!
HAHAHA....no problem!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not there yet. In new Orleans right now. Next stop is panama city beachAnyone getting scared/nervous/excited/__________ (insert emotion here)???? PS: Ilikefood...are you here yet??
Not there yet. In new Orleans right now. Next stop is panama city beach
Going to be driving by me bud.
Ok so just talked to Financial aid. Make sure you have some "entrance interview" filled out online in order to get your grad plus money. Also, make sure all of your info is changed to your florida address on webstar. Also you can fill out a direct deposit for with the bursar's office so that you don't have to wait on a check. Message me if you need any other info 🙂
In ft lauderdale, waiting for rolling hills to open. I'm going to campus tommorrow to take care of a few things. I forgot, is there visitor parking? I don't want to get hit with a fine for no reason.
Also, can any current students recommend a mechanic? My car took a beating after the cross country trip
Also, can any current students recommend a mechanic? My car took a beating after the cross country trip
Moss I drove by, and it was rainy. I wouldve pmed otherwiseGoing to be driving by me bud.
Yes! I'm on my way down from Michigan....right now I'm sitting in some shady (to put nicely) hotel in Tennesse but should be in Ft. Laud tomorrow night.
Ilikefood, if you're down there, have you seen the pool at the rolling hills? I've heard that it looks like it's straight out of the playboy mansion.. 👍
Ilikefood, if you're down there, have you seen the pool at the rolling hills? I've heard that it looks like it's straight out of the playboy mansion.. 👍
hey out of staters!
are you guys planning to buy/lease a car in florida? how are you planning to get around (food shopping/etc).
Let me know, thanks!🙂
While I'm sure there are plenty of people that get along without a car, I can't imagine ever doing it during medical school. Not just from the getting groceries perspective but from the "I want the hell out from this 2 mile radius" perspective. That being said, it would be a delicate balancing act to get a car if you don't have outside help.
1st day! 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wouldn't you like to know.whats ilikefoods name?
I did meet popcorn. If you find popcorn, you'll find me.
If you are who I think you are, I asked if you were an SDNer today.1st day! 😱
thats what i thought. any recommendations on how to get a affordable car around here that i will be using ~ 2 years?
Craigslist and a reliable mechanic to take it to to see if everything is ok.
This is turning into a mystery game! I don't know who popcorn, redrumi or ilikefood are!?!
me either. who the hell is who??
Nope I haven't been asked yet!If you are who I think you are, I asked if you were an SDNer today.
So I might have been dozing off in class a little on friday and I might have missed the part about the exact time we're supposed to get to the school on sunday for the white coat ceremony. Anyone know???
Hey...so they mentioned on Friday that we need to get this "Turning Point" device to respond in class. Well I looked it up on the website and you can use a iPhone application to respond in class. Here is a link: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/.../mobiledistancelearning/higheredresponseware/
The application is free as far as I can tell. I have emailed Dr. Whitehead to see if this is an acceptable replacement.
The application is free as far as I can tell. I have emailed Dr. Whitehead to see if this is an acceptable replacement.
Hey...so they mentioned on Friday that we need to get this "Turning Point" device to respond in class. Well I looked it up on the website and you can use a iPhone application to respond in class. Here is a link: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/.../mobiledistancelearning/higheredresponseware/
The application is free as far as I can tell. I have emailed Dr. Whitehead to see if this is an acceptable replacement.
Pretty good alternative if acceptable. Good find! Let us know. 🙂
🤣
oh.
man.
wow.
hahaha. Thanks for that I needed that today.
I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you guys on getting your white coats. I'm sure you all look spiffy and awesome and doctory to the extreme! Or, at the very least, like you come from a very upscale catering company! Have a GREAT day tomorrow, and don't feel overwhelmed, it'll all be OK!
🙂
...speaking of overwhelmed..... Back to pharm...
oh.
man.
wow.
hahaha. Thanks for that I needed that today.
I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you guys on getting your white coats. I'm sure you all look spiffy and awesome and doctory to the extreme! Or, at the very least, like you come from a very upscale catering company! Have a GREAT day tomorrow, and don't feel overwhelmed, it'll all be OK!
🙂
...speaking of overwhelmed..... Back to pharm...

No Popcorn....we have to be in our seats at 9:50 at the absolute latest!! Don't be late! We are professionals and we wouldn't want to disrespect one another's time... 😉
i love NSU.
Totally agree. I thought I was excited before, now, I'm even more excited for the year to come. This place is AWESOME. I am so happy, all the time. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Totally agree. I thought I was excited before, now, I'm even more excited for the year to come. This place is AWESOME. I am so happy, all the time. 😀
Well. That'll go away.
...ok. not totally. I love it here too. 🙂
Though I could deal without all this pesky studying...what's THAT all about!?
😛
biochem and anatomy.
yipee.
definitely not yipee. Dr B's biochem lectures are slowly sucking the life right out of me 😡
definitely not yipee. Dr B's biochem lectures are slowly sucking the life right out of me 😡
I've already stopped going to 'em. 😛
I've already stopped going to 'em. 😛
Ditto. However, I have yet to find anything that is a better cure for insomnia than two hours of his lectures.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K