NSUCOM Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey does anyone have a mac and have the school email set up through their mac mail client? I hate the webmail/sharklink stuff on nova's website. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

finally here in South Fla...getting the place all set up as we speak

too bad I missed same day mattress delivery by 15 minutes (have to order by 3pm apparently)

Oh well sleeping on the couch here i come

Welcome!! If you need anything...let me know! Where are you living again?

Members don't see this ad :)
aterry... is your pic from your wedding day? if so, your dress looks beautiful!

Yes it is my wedding dress/day! Thanks so much! I got some slack for it but I am happy I did it. I have a ton of pictures on facebook if you want to see more LOL.

got all my goodies today..id card, parking decal, and white coat!

for those who already picked up their whitecoat..i tried mine on already and just wanted to make sure about the length.. it goes to about my upper thigh..I know we are going to be having short coats but is that about the length it should be??

I picked up my coat today, and yes it is very short. I am 6'4" I ordered a "long" and i still don't think that did the trick. The sleeves come about 4-6" short of my wrist. Is it fitting that way for anyone else? Maybe I need to bring them to a tailor and have them let the sleeves out...

Heck ya I'd love to see your wedding pics! PM me and i'll shoot ya a request :)

I picked up my coat today, and yes it is very short. I am 6'4" I ordered a "long" and i still don't think that did the trick. The sleeves come about 4-6" short of my wrist. Is it fitting that way for anyone else? Maybe I need to bring them to a tailor and have them let the sleeves out...

The sleeves were not so much a problem for me... I don't think I even realized you could order them long... hopefully other people will weigh in with how their coats fit. But I'll tell you I felt nice and sophisticated with that bad boy on!

For the white coats there were mens and womens sizes.

That was my biggest fear when ordering those. I saw that the "long" was for up to 6'3". I am 6'5" and have about a 52 inch chest. I thought those coats would look pretty goofy on me. I had to special order my current one. You MAY have to see about getting patches and doing the same. (Different schools I know...but that is what happened here)

Anyone getting scared/nervous/excited/__________ (insert emotion here)???? PS: Ilikefood...are you here yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I would say I am feeling all of those emotions together. I am nervous but ready to get to the next step _ I was a teacher for a year so I am glad to be getting back to school!

Anyone getting scared/nervous/excited/__________ (insert emotion here)???? PS: Ilikefood...are you here yet??
Not there yet. In new Orleans right now. Next stop is panama city beach

Have a blast in New Orleans for me! I love that city. My husband used to live there. If you like fried chicken....go eat at Dunbars. Eat some po' boys too.

lol, the sharklink group is blowing up now. i cant keep up with it this past week or two.

Ok so just talked to Financial aid. Make sure you have some "entrance interview" filled out online in order to get your grad plus money. Also, make sure all of your info is changed to your florida address on webstar. Also you can fill out a direct deposit for with the bursar's office so that you don't have to wait on a check. Message me if you need any other info :)

In ft lauderdale, waiting for rolling hills to open. I'm going to campus tommorrow to take care of a few things. I forgot, is there visitor parking? I don't want to get hit with a fine for no reason.

Also, can any current students recommend a mechanic? My car took a beating after the cross country trip

Yes! I'm on my way down from Michigan....right now I'm sitting in some shady (to put nicely) hotel in Tennesse but should be in Ft. Laud tomorrow night.

Ilikefood, if you're down there, have you seen the pool at the rolling hills? I've heard that it looks like it's straight out of the playboy mansion.. :thumbup:

hey out of staters!
are you guys planning to buy/lease a car in florida? how are you planning to get around (food shopping/etc).

Let me know, thanks!:)

hey out of staters!
are you guys planning to buy/lease a car in florida? how are you planning to get around (food shopping/etc).

Let me know, thanks!:)

While I'm sure there are plenty of people that get along without a car, I can't imagine ever doing it during medical school. Not just from the getting groceries perspective but from the "I want the hell out from this 2 mile radius" perspective. That being said, it would be a delicate balancing act to get a car if you don't have outside help.

thats what i thought. any recommendations on how to get a affordable car around here that i will be using ~ 2 years?

Where's a good place to buy cheap scrubs?

There is a decent place on Broward called Uniforms America. You get 3 pieces of Cherokee scrubs and get the 4th piece free. Its a good place they have a lot of selection. Its a few blocks east of the intersection of Broward and University.

This is turning into a mystery game! I don't know who popcorn, redrumi or ilikefood are!?!

thats what i thought. any recommendations on how to get a affordable car around here that i will be using ~ 2 years?

Craigslist and a reliable mechanic to take it to to see if everything is ok.

So I might have been dozing off in class a little on friday and I might have missed the part about the exact time we're supposed to get to the school on sunday for the white coat ceremony. Anyone know???

No Popcorn....we have to be in our seats at 9:50 at the absolute latest!! Don't be late! We are professionals and we wouldn't want to disrespect one another's time... ;)

Hey...so they mentioned on Friday that we need to get this "Turning Point" device to respond in class. Well I looked it up on the website and you can use a iPhone application to respond in class. Here is a link: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/.../mobiledistancelearning/higheredresponseware/

The application is free as far as I can tell. I have emailed Dr. Whitehead to see if this is an acceptable replacement.

Hey...so they mentioned on Friday that we need to get this "Turning Point" device to respond in class. Well I looked it up on the website and you can use a iPhone application to respond in class. Here is a link: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/.../mobiledistancelearning/higheredresponseware/

The application is free as far as I can tell. I have emailed Dr. Whitehead to see if this is an acceptable replacement.

Pretty good alternative if acceptable. Good find! Let us know. :)

:rofl:
oh.
man.
wow.
hahaha. Thanks for that I needed that today.

I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you guys on getting your white coats. I'm sure you all look spiffy and awesome and doctory to the extreme! Or, at the very least, like you come from a very upscale catering company! Have a GREAT day tomorrow, and don't feel overwhelmed, it'll all be OK!

:)

...speaking of overwhelmed..... Back to pharm...:barf:

No Popcorn....we have to be in our seats at 9:50 at the absolute latest!! Don't be late! We are professionals and we wouldn't want to disrespect one another's time... ;)

i love NSU.

Last edited:
i love NSU.

Totally agree. I thought I was excited before, now, I'm even more excited for the year to come. This place is AWESOME. I am so happy, all the time. :D

Came back from the Hard Rock. Holy crap man.

Totally agree. I thought I was excited before, now, I'm even more excited for the year to come. This place is AWESOME. I am so happy, all the time. :D

Well. That'll go away.

...ok. not totally. I love it here too. :)

Though I could deal without all this pesky studying...what's THAT all about!?
:p