NSUCOM Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so I'm still in shock, but I just got called off the waitlist for this year. I can't believe it! so much to do, so little time. I live in NY so relocating needs to happen asap...can't wait to join all of you!

Congrats on that. It is selfish, but I like to think I helped make that happen in some way. ;) Nova won't get off my case about financial aid. It is like they haven't gotten the memo that I'm not going there. Hope everyone has had a solid move. I got my whitecoats for up here the other day. It is still a crazy feeling for me even though I'm in my 6th week. You guys are in for a ride at first. It is all kind of a haze.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on that. It is selfish, but I like to think I helped make that happen in some way. ;) Nova won't get off my case about financial aid. It is like they haven't gotten the memo that I'm not going there. Hope everyone has had a solid move. I got my whitecoats for up here the other day. It is still a crazy feeling for me even though I'm in my 6th week. You guys are in for a ride at first. It is all kind of a haze.
Wow Moss, already a grizzled veteran

Hey quick question- I was thinking about getting my nose re-pierced (I had a small silver stud about a year ago). I really miss it and I am wondering if anyone thinks that will be a problem. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey quick question- I was thinking about getting my nose re-pierced (I had a small silver stud about a year ago). I really miss it and I am wondering if anyone thinks that will be a problem. Thanks so much.

The hospitals I have worked in either a) would simply not employees to wear any kind of nose stud or b) force the employee to wear a clear plastic stud instead of the usual metal/gem tipped stud. I doubt the university has any specific policy in regard to a stud and appearance but it's not looked upon as very professional in general.

thanks for that :) here i thought i would spend my summer doing absolutely nothing. now i have to get in school mode. definitely am grateful for it

so I'm still in shock, but I just got called off the waitlist for this year. I can't believe it! so much to do, so little time. I live in NY so relocating needs to happen asap...can't wait to join all of you!

congrats!

need a roommate? lol. anybody else not found somewhere to live yet?

congrats!

I am looking for a roomie, got off the waitlist... thinking of moving into the cultural living center. Doesn't seem all that bad.. would be nice to have a fellow OM student as a roomie. Also would be interested in something furnished, that is off-campus.

congrats!

I am looking for roommate(s)... no preference guy/girl. I need to make this happen quick... so stressful :scared:

Hey Deedubs,

My roomie and I are moving into Sunforest in about 2 weeks! Where are you living in Sunforest? (We'll be in the 5th building on the left when you come in the main drive from Nova.)

Anyone else move here yet? I just moved into Sunforest this week.

There's about six of us so far that are going to play some volleyball at Cameron Cove tomorrow. Its across from the HPD clinic. Stop by or leave me a message on here if you wanna come! Sunday @ 1 PM

2861 SW 79th Ave, Apt 203 (Josh)
Davie, FL 33328

Doctor Diag

I'm in building 26. Where r u coming from?

Yea, head and neck will do that to you. First OSCE this week too.

Where are you at school? The only school I know of that has started already is MSUCOM.... Good luck with classes!

Members don't see this ad :)
He betrayed us to go to FSU

Way to make me feel guilty. I'm sure I'll run into you guys at some point. I will be the one with the longer white jacket. :p For whatever reason, FSU doesn't do the short white coats...not that I'm complaining. I feel a little less idiotic...not by much though.

I'm getting so nervous as well! But its good nerves... my husband and I will be moving in to our new place this Thursday... can't wait!

I'm getting so nervous as well! But its good nerves... my husband and I will be moving in to our new place this Thursday... can't wait!

We will be there on Wednesday evening. Where are yall going to be? We were going to be at LakePointe at Jacaranda on Tuesday (tomorrow) evening but my husband's car broke down and needs a whole new engine!! Can you believe it? We are trying to not let it kill our excitement for Florida though! We are in Charleston with a good friend though so we are enjoying it. Anyone going to the OsteoBlast?

So who's in town now? I'm sure some of you are meeting up already and I'd love to throw my hat in for some early introductions. I'm going to be fairly bored for the next few weeks if I don't meet up with some of you. :)

It shouldn't be a problem. Many students had pierced noses last year, including one of the OPP fellows.

Oh yay! I think I am going to do it today! It will be very small like I had before. I figured I would make the most of my time in Charleston. Thanks!

When is the whitecoat ceremony?

So who's in town now? I'm sure some of you are meeting up already and I'd love to throw my hat in for some early introductions. I'm going to be fairly bored for the next few weeks if I don't meet up with some of you. :)

There's several of us. About 10 people met up last weekend for some fun. Im ready to do whatever, whenever - i have no obligations till school starts.

Also a few might be going to the everglades this weekend cause its free national park admissions. Look on sharklink for the info.

There's several of us. About 10 people met up last weekend for some fun. Im ready to do whatever, whenever - i have no obligations till school starts.

Also a few might be going to the everglades this weekend cause its free national park admissions. Look on sharklink for the info.

A trip to the Everglades sounds like a good time. I'd also really like to get some good basketball/football games going if anyone would be interested. It's been tough for my to rustle up enough people to play over the last year I'm hoping it might be easier now with an entire class that may be willing to play every so often. :)

A trip to the Everglades sounds like a good time. I'd also really like to get some good basketball/football games going if anyone would be interested. It's been tough for my to rustle up enough people to play over the last year I'm hoping it might be easier now with an entire class that may be willing to play every so often. :)

I'm in for the games. There is a get together at some western bar tomorrow night. Look at sharklink for more details.

Enjoy your first year of medical school, student doctors. It's going to be like no other experience you'll ever have. Be active both academically and extracurricularly so you're well-rounded. Make time for yourself and enjoy what you're doing. Be kind to yourself and to your fellow colleagues. Always seek help if you need it. Welcome to the next chapter of your life.

Hey fellow classmates:)

I was wondering if anybody is free and willing to pick me up from the airport on Sunday Morning, Aug 2, at 7amish..I'll treat you to breakfast or something:)

Please let me know, I'm not sure about the Florida area and how to get around yet..Thanks!

I am convinced that nobody at Nova communicates with anyone else. I told them I withdrew my acceptance. I was removed from the groups, yet I got a tuition bill yesterday for some obscene amount of money.

Just letting anyone who wants to know that I am here now! Yay! And have internet which is very important. Going shopping for stuff for the house now!

Hey when is a good time for people to come visit us? Are the weekends totally off-limits?

not all of them are off limits - on the schedule there are a couple weekends where we have a sat or sun class (like the CPR stuff). the others should be free so i'd say pick a week where we dont have an exam and go from there.

not all of them are off limits - on the schedule there are a couple weekends where we have a sat or sun class (like the CPR stuff). the others should be free so i'd say pick a week where we dont have an exam and go from there.

That CPR day is going to be a rough one. :(

That CPR day is going to be a rough one. :(

Now you have me wondering.....I went through BLS training last summer at my work, it was a breeze and only 2 hours long. But, I think you're right, this is gonna be WAY more in depth. Probably a good thing :thumbup:

Hey fellow classmates:)

I was wondering if anybody is free and willing to pick me up from the airport on Sunday Morning, Aug 2, at 7amish..I'll treat you to breakfast or something:)

Please let me know, I'm not sure about the Florida area and how to get around yet..Thanks!

check your pm's popcorn.

Now you have me wondering.....I went through BLS training last summer at my work, it was a breeze and only 2 hours long. But, I think you're right, this is gonna be WAY more in depth. Probably a good thing :thumbup:

I don't think it'll be anything complicated. I imagine it'll just be the typical AHA BLS course, but the it's technically supposed to run around 6 hours by the book from what I recall - I haven't been teaching for some time now. I'm just worried things will go by the book. :) With the caliber of students that will be attending, we COULD easily get in and out in an hour, but we won't. :)

got my sharkcard, parking pass, and white coat today. i feel productive!!!

So they said we pick up our white coats? I'm curious as to how the ceremony will go. I'm used to the typical "someone puts the coat on you" type ceremony. You all think our's will be like that?

so i just got the call from admissions this afternoon- i got pulled off the waitlist!

very excited...this is going to be a hectic 13 days before orientation. im getting my forms and necessary documents in as soon as possible. any advice on what to look out for, potential snags i could encounter (that you may have experienced), or relevant information that you have accumulated in the last 1-9 months of preparation?

ive been going back over this thread for useful info, and waiting to be accepted into the sharklink group. ill be moving down in about a week or so (graduate student housing, at least for the first semester). getting moved in and situated is one challenge, but preparing mentally for everything is another thing all together! my fellow classmates- i call upon your sage wisdom for guidance. see you all in a week!

Congrats on your acceptance! Let us know when you are here and we are happy to meet up with you. Just get yourself here and take it one step at a time! I can imagine it is really overwhelming (and exciting too!) to get pulled later in the game. Welcome to the class!

Side note: Austin: stop lurking and post already! Brandon: round up called and said they missed you....

Side note: Austin: stop lurking and post already! Brandon: round up called and said they missed you....

lol thats funny!

I moved my stuff down a few weeks ago, but have been out of town since. I moving myself down for good this weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and getting settled! btw I'll be living at Gatehouse on the Green in Plantation.

hi all,
the last days of freedom are upon us!
...does anyone know how long the white coat ceremony lasts? the invite says it starts at 10. does that mean 10 or "10 ish"?

and how long should we expect it to go?

can't wait to meet everyone in person. i dont know about you guys, but this facebook/sdn/sharklink communication for the last 9 months or so is getting old.

woohoo! finally all settled into our place; furniture and all!! I'm sure I can find this out tomorrow but for those of you who got your parking passes and ID cards, did you have to pay for them?

ps: anyone livin it up in New River Cove Apartments?? We have a sweet indoor racquetball court, volleyball and tennis court if anyone wants to pass some time :)

:laugh: :thumbup:

woohoo! finally all settled into our place; furniture and all!! I'm sure I can find this out tomorrow but for those of you who got your parking passes and ID cards, did you have to pay for them?

Both are free.

got my sharkcard, parking pass, and white coat today. i feel productive!!!

hey i was in florida for literally two days, just to set up my apt a little and now im back home for a week, but i went to the bookstore to go pickup my white coat because of the email we got, and they told me they do not have them there, we get them at the whitecoat ceremony. where did you pick yours up from?

i went to the bookstore to go pickup my white coat because of the email we got, and they told me they do not have them there, we get them at the whitecoat ceremony. where did you pick yours up from?

From the main NSU bookstore in University Park Plaza (strip mall south of HPD), go to the back left of the store to the counter where the stethoscopes are sold. Then say youre there to pick up your white coat.

got all my goodies today..id card, parking decal, and white coat!

for those who already picked up their whitecoat..i tried mine on already and just wanted to make sure about the length.. it goes to about my upper thigh..I know we are going to be having short coats but is that about the length it should be??