Number of Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpiderSilk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering whether anyone knew of a place I could find statistics on how many people apply vs are accepted for various universities. I haven't been able to find these statistics for a couple schools. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I was wondering whether anyone knew of a place I could find statistics on how many people apply vs are accepted for various universities. I haven't been able to find these statistics for a couple schools. Thanks!

Graduate Study in Psychology is the best source of information related to graduate programs in psychology and provides information related to approximately 600 graduate programs in psychology in the U.S. and Canada.
Graduate Study in Psychology contains information about

• number of applications received by a program
  • number of individuals accepted in each program
  • dates for applications and admission
  • types of information required for an application (GRE scores, letters of recommendation, documentation concerning volunteer or clinical experience, etc.)
  • in-state and out-of-state tuition costs
  • availability of internships and scholarships
  • employment information of graduates
  • orientation and emphasis of departments and programs
http://www.apa.org/pubs/books/4270093.aspx

:xf:

Almost all clinical ph.d programs post this information on their website. Click on their clinical psych program link and look for something that says "applicants stats", "applicant info," "admisson data," or something similar. It will be there somewhere for the vast, vast majority of clinical programs. I only looked at university Ph.D. programs though, but Im not sure why psy.d program swould be any different ion this regard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost all clinical ph.d programs post this information on their website. Click on their clinical psych program link and look for something that says "applicants stats", "applicant info," "admisson data," or something similar. It will be there somewhere for the vast, vast majority of clinical programs. I only looked at university Ph.D. programs though, but Im not sure why psy.d program swould be any different ion this regard.

It is, in fact, required information for any APA accredited program, PhD or PsyD. The problem is that it is called something different at almost every place (though there has been a movement to standardize). Some call it "student characteristics," some call it something else....just hunt around a program's website and you'll find it. It's supposed to be within a few clicks of the main program page.

If all else fails, call and ask