Numbers for top Cali Anesthesia programs??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goheavily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of numbers one needs to have really good odds to get into UCLA vs. UCSF vs. Stanford s/p interview? Maybe the current residents could give some of their own personal input? Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what kind of numbers one needs to have really good odds to get into UCLA vs. UCSF vs. Stanford s/p interview? Maybe the current residents could give some of their own personal input? Thanks everyone

Aww, you worry too much...Relax! I read your post from the other thread- seems like you really want to stay in cali. You'll be fine- and I'm sure your numbers are already super amazing. Good luck:luck:

At MINIMUM, you need to be junior AOA, Steps 1&2 need to sum up to > 530, multiple publications in A&A, Anesthesiology, and NEJM, the looks of Brad Pitt, the charm of Johnny Depp, the insight and knowledge of Dr. Phil, and the humor of Robin Williams. Even then, you may get rejected.

Just my 2 cents, good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
At MINIMUM, you need to be junior AOA, Steps 1&2 need to sum up to > 530, multiple publications in A&A, Anesthesiology, and NEJM, the looks of Brad Pitt, the charm of Johnny Depp, the insight and knowledge of Dr. Phil, and the humor of Robin Williams. Even then, you may get rejected.

Just my 2 cents, good luck.

With that name and that comment... I think I would enjoy drinking a beer with you.

Haha, thanks guys, I actually only posted for the smart alec comments I was bound to get. ;)

Well, I might as well throw it out there: 237 I, 256 II, Good amount of research but no publications, top 25% of Cali program, Honored 3 clerkships (Surgery and Medicine included).

And I wait to be raked over the coals...

If they didn't think your "numbers" were good enough to get in, they wouldn't have interviewed you.