Nurse practitioner sentenced to 20 years prison for pill mill clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
$2.2m after two years of work. Nice. I’m sure she had several enjoyable nights out and a couple of great vacations. Hope it was worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow NPs can independently run clinics and write schedule 2s in Wisconsin?

Members don't see this ad :)
This lady should self immolate in front of the families of the victims. I’ll pay for the kerosene.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like the timeframe was all of 2015 and 2016, I wonder if anyone knows when the NP was actually approached by the government. Was it in 2016 as things were moving along or later, like last year, after things had calmed down.

I feel like acting sooner on the governments behalf would prevent a lot of unnecessary prescriptions and morbidity/mortality, but also doesn't allow these large flashy cases to build up.

Just ask for patient records after three months of super high prescribing? Wouldn't most people back off then?

20 years for one opioid death? Seems overly harsh

“At one point, Robert Hofschulz hired armed security with counting machines when it became too dangerous and time consuming for him to count daily cash receipts of up to $10,000.”

Wtf?!

Reactions: 1 user