Nursing school hard to get in?

NPDudeInBlue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a first year CSUS student currently doing pre-req nursing. I was just wondering if Nursing school, particularly UC Davis Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, is as hard to get into as Medical school. Do they prefer UC students over CSU? What could I do to stand out? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nursing school is DEFINITELY not as hard to get into as med school, take this from a pre-nursing student who is friends with my people in medical school. Nursing school only cares about grades from pre-reqs and that's it. Medical school cares about grades, ecs, shadowing, etc.
The only thing you can do to stand out is try for a 4.0 and do good on the NLN exam.
My school for example, there's 5 people per seat so it's definitely competitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nursing school is DEFINITELY not as hard to get into as med school, take this from a pre-nursing student who is friends with my people in medical school. Nursing school only cares about grades from pre-reqs and that's it. Medical school cares about grades, ecs, shadowing, etc.
The only thing you can do to stand out is try for a 4.0 and do good on the NLN exam.
My school for example, there's 5 people per seat so it's definitely competitive.
So it won't matter whether i'm in a prestige university or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would I be able to transfer to UC Davis after 2 years at Sac State? I've heard they prefer CC to UC

Would I be able to transfer to UC Davis after 2 years at Sac State? I've heard they prefer CC to UC
just because they "prefer" doesn't mean it's guaranteed. Keep your grades up and i'm sure you'll get in

Reactions: 1 user