Nutrition LOR = science LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Google_was_my_idea

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My strongest letters would come from my nutrition professors and PI. I assume this would be fine since anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and biochemistry are prerequisites for many nutrition classes and it’s all science. They aren’t looking for basic science letters right? @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

My strongest letters would come from my nutrition professors and PI. I assume this would be fine since anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and biochemistry are prerequisites for many nutrition classes and it’s all science. They aren’t looking for basic science letters right? @LizzyM
The assumption is that because there are at least 8 pre-req courses that are in the natural sciences, that every applicant should have at least 2 professors who can provide letters of recommendation. Nutrition is one of those applied disciplines that can be an extension of cellular and molecular biology or it can be tilted toward social science and policy.

I think that the safer course of action is to have two letters from BCPM faculty, plus a letter from your PI and one nutrition letter (i.e. the non-science letter).

Reactions: 1 users
The assumption is that because there are at least 8 pre-req courses that are in the natural sciences, that every applicant should have at least 2 professors who can provide letters of recommendation. Nutrition is one of those applied disciplines that can be an extension of cellular and molecular biology or it can be tilted toward social science and policy.

I think that the safer course of action is to have two letters from BCPM faculty, plus a letter from your PI and one nutrition letter (i.e. the non-science letter).
Thanks for the information. I would have done two nutrition letters and a sociology letter otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user