NV Reciprocity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garzarx007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once all of the paperwork is completed and turned in - and all testing has been passed successfully - Does anyone know how long it takes to get your license? Does one have to wait for the next board meeting for approval? Anyone know how this actually works?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually just found out the answer - So I am posting for all who want to know.
~ If all paperwork is complete and you have no complications with your application (this includes that you checked the No Box on all questions that pertains to disciplinary charges) Then it is processed and approved in 2 Business Days and you get your license number.
~ If you did check the Yes Box to any type of previous disciplinary charges you may have to appear in front of the board during one of their scheduled board meetings which are held monthly to explain - then they will determine whether or not to grant you a license.

I posted this in another topic - but for those that are taking the NV Law Exam - I thought I would share it here as well:

Since I cannot post actual questions I will tell you what to look for that I had.
1) Know the application for return to active status in detail.
2) Know who can or cannot dispense meds in hospital setting when an RPh is absent.
3) Know about ratio of tech to pharmacist
4) Know adulteration and branded material
5) Know about compounding for doctors
6) Know prescribing rights for pharmacists
7) Know how DEA determines DEA#'s for all practices including detox MD's
8) Know about transferring of Rx's between in-network pharmacies
9) Know requirements of documentation of patient counseling
10) Know documentation and surrendering of documents during investigations (check fed law-DEA on this as well )
11) Know about Controlled Drug Imprints on Stock Bottles (FedLaw not State)
12) Nothing discussed on Amendments at all
13) Know about DEA Controlled Drug Licensing and Expiration
14) Know duties of RPh in Charge
HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEWHAT ON WHAT YOU HAVE TO STUDY FOR --