NY Community Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CANE4LIFE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone ranks these programs?

ST Vincent
St Luke
NY Queens medical center
North Shore

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone ranks these programs?

ST Vincent
St Luke
NY Queens medical center
North Shore

With respect to what? Reputation? Workload? Training? Fellowhip options? Free food at conferences? Ability to get a spot w/ bad board scores and as an IMG? Hotness of ancillary staff?

There are myriad ways to rank programs. Nearly all of them are subjective and the vast majority are meaningless.

FWIW (which is very little) as far as overall reputation goes, I'd go with:
1. SLR
2. North Shore
3. St. V's
4. NYMC-Q

SLR has the best reputation of the 4 because of its affilitation with Columbia.

I would not say that these 4 hospitals take those with bad board scores. I know that SLR doesn't have score cutoffs, but they have thousands of apps. I know for a fact that North Shore and NYMC-Queens both have board cutoffs. I don't have much info about St.Vincent's in NY, but I know the St. Vincent's in MA does not have board cut offs. SLR is the biggest program of the four and does have a large number of IMGs.

With respect to what? Reputation? Workload? Training? Fellowhip options? Free food at conferences? Ability to get a spot w/ bad board scores and as an IMG? Hotness of ancillary staff?

There are myriad ways to rank programs. Nearly all of them are subjective and the vast majority are meaningless.

FWIW (which is very little) as far as overall reputation goes, I'd go with:
1. SLR
2. North Shore
3. St. V's
4. NYMC-Q

Can someone comment on the size of St. Vincent's residency program? I am recently offered an interview, but am unable to find this info on their website. Thanks a lot! =)