NY state licensing??

Started by ricky_tang
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ricky_tang

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a D3 (not in New York) and I want to make sure I have everything in order to become a dentist in NY. My classmates are all registering for the CDCA ADEX exam. I know that NY state does not accept this exam for initial licensing since you need a residency. So do I need to take this exam?? I can't get a straight answer. The NY gov't website for dental licensure has not been updated since January 2019 and just talks about the old 2 part board exams. Is there any dental student in NY who knows what all exams I will need to take as I finish D3 and D4 years before I do a GPR/AEGD? I know there is also an OSCE exam coming up along with the integrated boards, but I'm not sure what all I have to take apart from the INBDE.

Thanks!