NYC Hospital/retail internship?

Started by UES
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UES

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to work as a graduate intern in NYC (Manhattan, particularly) and would appreciate your experiences in hospitals or retails.

Just to shorten commuting time for my parenting responsibility, I am interested in hospitals located on the east side of Manhattan (such as Cornell, HSS, Sloan-kettering, Lenox hill, Mout Sinai, NYU, etc..)

1. How flexible are graduate intern hours? Do I have options on shifts?
2. what are those shift hours like (e.g., day time rotation from 9-5)?
3. how many days/w do interns usually work?
4. is part time available for graduate interns?
5. how hard to get an internship in these hospitals?

in addition, similar questions regarding retails..
I would like to hear from anyone who worked in Duane Reade or Riteaid. after reading not so positive posts on walgreen/cvs, I wonder what it is like to work at Duane Reade although I have a feeling that it might be similar...again, I would like to know the working shifts and days at these retails and whether I have options to certain degrees...

Thank you so much in advance!