NYC programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardsboy08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the relative academic credentials of the NYC programs. My understanding is that Columbia is generally considered the top academically. I was wondering where Mt. Sinai, NYU, Cornell, Montefiore, stand relative to Columbia and to one another?

Members don't see this ad.

who cares what's better, just be happy you got an interview.

Academically:

1) Columbia
2) Cornell
3) Sinai
4) NYU
5) Monty

Columbia def has the strongest overall academic reputation (i.e. would say the only top 10 program in NYC), at the cost of being malignant. Cornell also has a v. good rep and is very strong in EP, but does not have much of a heart failure program - definitely not as malignant. NYU is definitely the up and coming program. Monty is busy, their fellows get worked, and clinically the training is great, but I'm not sure about their academic reputation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Myostatin. I'm actually interested in EP and my understanding was that Cornell was probably the best in NYC for this. But wasn't sure of the relative academic reps because some told me that Sinai was better than Cornell.

I would say without hesitation that the academic rep of Cornell is > Sinai, though I don't think the clinical training at Cornell is necessarily better. If you're set on EP and think its very unlikely you'll change your mind, in NYC Cornell is the place to be - ie much higher volume and more going on at Cornell than Columbia in EP. Good luck, not that is sounds like you need it... :)