NYC Public Urination Violation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oatmilkplease

Reaction score
So, I got myself into quite the pickle yesterday. I was at Central Park having a picnic with my family and really had to pee. The nearest public restroom was closed (this was around 8pm), and I knew I wasn't going to be able to find a restaurant or a different public restroom in time (if you've ever been to central park, you know how hard it can be).

So, I went and found a very secluded area behind some trees (it was kinda like a dead end underneath a bridge, very dark and densely forested) and made sure that nobody passed by for several minutes before I went ahead and used the bathroom. Just as I was finishing up (or potentially even after), a police car rolls right behind me on this gravel path (I didn't even realize cars were able to go there!) and issues me a ticket. According to this website under section 1-04K, it's not considered a misdemeanor, just a civil penalty/violation. I understand that I was absolutely 100% in the wrong, and I have absolutely learned my lesson. I will never so much as jaywalk again.

If you've made it this far, I have two questions for you guys-
1. Will I need to disclose this violation to schools even though it is not considered a misdemeanor? I'm not sure if this will come up on my CBC since it is pretty much the same as a parking ticket (according to the cops)
2. Will this severely affect my chances for medical school?

Honestly, I am extremely stressed out about this- I couldn't sleep all of last night. Any words of support or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Calm down. I literally know dozens of people with minor offenses. This will not show up on a rap sheet. Can't say it would not show up on an FBI investigation, but medical schools will never know. If you had to go so bad because you were drinking alcohol, and already have a prior alcohol incident, you might need to take a closer look at your drinking. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Calm down. I literally know dozens of people with minor offenses. This will not show up on a rap sheet. Can't say it would not show up on an FBI investigation, but medical schools will never know. If you had to go so bad because you were drinking alcohol, and already have a prior alcohol incident, you might need to take a closer look at your drinking. ;)
No alcohol, just too much ice coffee! :)

@GoSpursGo @Mr.Smile12 @LizzyM @Goro

One of my secondary applications is asking this question- "Have you ever been charged with or convicted of any legal offense (other than minor traffic offenses, such as parking tickets) including offenses where the records have been sealed or expunged?"

Would you say I should disclose this incident in this section, or just answer no?

This is like a parking ticket.

Shared from a friend traveling in Europe, enjoy.

FB_IMG_1689547927442.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I think there are two noble reasons to get in trouble with the law and public urination is one of them. Investigation into tax evasion is the other. I do not promote lying or fraud on taxes but support being very aggressive with tax strategy and be willing to pay the penalties on the backend.

• Okay...
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
So I just realized one of my school's secondaries asked this question- 'Have you ever been subject to any investigations, actions, or convictions (either institutional or legal)?' to which I answered 'No'. Should I send them an e-mail disclosing this information?

@Mr.Smile12 @LizzyM @Goro would really appreciate any and all advice 🙏 Thank you!

Okay, that's what I was concerned about. Thank you!
In order to avoid another recurrence of this thread, here are some questions (and answers) regarding your little booboo.

Were you detained? No.
Were you arrested? No.
Were you charged? No.
Were you convicted? No.
Were you given a summons to appear? No.
Did you have to enter a plea before a judge? No.
Did you have to go to court at all? No.
Have you been contacted by a DA? Hopefully not.

When I was in college (many years ago) I had a friend who went to NYC and got a ticket for possession of marijuana. This was long before weed was legal anywhere, and was generally much more taboo than now. Same deal, got a ticket with a fine, no court BS, no record, no nothing.

NYC has bigger problems than your urinary bladder. Time to move on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It's a ticket. You don't need to report a ticket. Consult a lawyer if it's really keeping you up.

Omg breathe... you don't need to report it. You're fine. Pay the ticket and move on.