• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

wishuponastar

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
from nj...want to go to school in nyc...if i was going to apply to one nyc school, which one would i have the best shot of getting into in terms of less dependency on being a resident, maybe not top ten percent like the ivy's. thanks.

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
from nj...want to go to school in nyc...if i was going to apply to one nyc school, which one would i have the best shot of getting into in terms of less dependency on being a resident, maybe not top ten percent like the ivy's. thanks.
if you include the bronx and brooklyn (new yorkers just refer to "the city" as only manhattan, the rest are really just suburbs) then for an OOSer, it's either AECOM or downstate. I dont know how lenient downstate is with OOS. the 4 allo schools in the city are relatively pretty difficult to get into (MSSM, nyu, columbia, cornell), but hey, its doable.

About the Ads

nintendo

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
nymc is a bit out of the city but i believe its affiliation is with a nyc hospital -- St. Vincent?

applyingsucks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
nymc is a bit out of the city but i believe its affiliation is with a nyc hospital -- St. Vincent?

yup thats correct. Most 3rd and 4th years do their rotations in NYC (ie manhattan).

Side note. NYC = manhattan, I know this is not technically correct, but if your from NY you know what I mean. When your going to the city, your definitely not going to Long Island, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, or whatever OOSers call NYC.

johnnydrama

I'm no Superman
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
NYC = NYC, the city = Manhattan. In my mind, the limits of NYC are defined by the subway - if you can get there, it's in NYC.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.