NYC to Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I have an interview at Hopkins on March 5th and I am trying to find the cheapest flight I can. I have looked on travelocity and orbitz and the cheapest flight that works for me timewise is $400. The cheapest flights have a very early arrival flight time that would conflict with my interview day. Any suggestions on cheaper ways of getting there? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Members don't see this ad.

Southwest Airlines flies in BWI airport, which is the closest airport to Hopkins. However, the flights leave out of Islip airport on Long Island, which could be a hassle coming from NYC. The flights are usually pretty cheap though. Go to www.southwest.com to look up prices and flight schedules. They have flights between the 2 airports every hour or couple of hours and you can get fares as cheap as $39 one-way. :)

You also might want to consider taking Amtrak into Baltimore - I'm not sure about prices for that but I think it's cheaper than flying.

-Elizabeth

Too bad the Chinatown bus doesn't go to Baltimore. But it does go to DC - $35 round trip. If you can find a way up from DC and can't find a cheap flight, that might be an option.

http://www.staticleap.com/chinatownbus/

H&T

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! I decided to take Elizabeth's advice and look into Amtrak. It is much cheaper than flying and it is only 2.5 hour train ride. Not bad at all! :D

Yeah I went the amtrak route as well when i went from baltimore to NYC, it is much simpler.

You could also take the greyhound from NY Port Authority to Downtown Baltimore.

Oh yeah there is also a Hopkins run shuttle from Baltimore Penn Station that goes straight to the medical school. It runs every half hour during the day, more often in the morning, and then every hour 8 and after.

Doesn't seem to be popular (don't know why), but why not drive it? It would be cheaper and faster than a flight (including arrival time, check in, all that). ~ 4 hours.

The sad thing is..........I do not have my license. I never needed it as an NYU student and did not bother getting it in high school because public transportation was pretty good. I would drive it if I could. I plan to get my license this summer. :p