**NYCOM '09 Meet Up*** July 8th, 8pm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mblum151

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Let's get together on Friday, July 8th at 8pm at Von. It's on 3 Bleeker Street between Bowrey and Lafayette. Take the 6 at Bleecker St; F, V at Broadway-Lafayette.

If you want to come, send me an email, and I'll send out a mass email, [email protected], when the date approaches.

Melissa

Members don't see this ad.

mblum151 said:
Hi guys. Let's get together on Friday, July 8th at 8pm at Von. It's on 3 Bleeker Street between Bowrey and Lafayette. Take the 6 at Bleecker St; F, V at Broadway-Lafayette.

If you want to come, send me an email, and I'll send out a mass email, [email protected], when the date approaches.

Melissa

Will you guys "bump" this, so people will be more likely to see the posting?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
mblum151 said:
Come on guys...Help keep this one at the top...

Perhaps you can ask the mods to make this a sticky for a few days leading upto july 8th. That way we don't have to bump it and exposure is increased.

mblum151 said:
Come on guys...Help keep this one at the top...

bmp

I have a feeling this will be a corny meetup. Why dont we have a 4th of July BBQ or something ? Actually, I know exactly where the party will be. All the food and beer you want for $15 along with my very own friends (professional) DJing in the park. Bring your own chair.

Here is the flyer:

July 4th BBQ

I'm not looking for an "all I can drink and dance while getting f'ing blasted off my ass bonanza." I have that in plentiful supply. DJs = loud = impossible to talk. Just looking to meet the folks in a chill setting. Plus I'm sure everyone has other plans for July 4th.

beastmaster said:
I'm not looking for an "all I can drink and dance while getting f'ing blasted off my ass bonanza." I have that in plentiful supply. DJs = loud = impossible to talk. Just looking to meet the folks in a chill setting. Plus I'm sure everyone has other plans for July 4th.

I agree. Getting wasted to the point where I throw up is something I'm trying to subtly put behind me. I am actually interested in getting to know my future classmates/ colleagues.

Dies Irae said:
I agree. Getting wasted to the point where I throw up is something I'm trying to subtly put behind me. I am actually interested in getting to know my future classmates/ colleagues.

Gee, maybe we should have a suit and tie gathering at the University Club on 54th. Smoke cigars, knock down some scotch, and practice our british accents, discussing modern issues of no importance.

beastmaster said:
Gee, maybe we should have a suit and tie gathering at the University Club on 54th. Smoke cigars, knock down some scotch, and practice our british accents, discussing modern issues of no importance.

I never could nail those west london R's.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there, I'm still looking for a roomate so hopefully a lot of people will show.

just got my acceptance letter yesterday!! yea i konw its way late for seats..but they saved one just for me :D ...im looking for housemates i guess...looking for a studio or basement in a nycom med student infested house...im not antisocial or anything ..i have my reasons for needing the studio. oh yea and this is also to bump the thread to the top. i hope there are a lot of people at the meetup..im not really the downtown bleaker street lounge type but i do want to meet up with my classmates and make some good connections...

bumpety-bumpety-bumpety bump

Hope everyone can make it this friday! Happy Fourth of July eveyone, I'm off to a day full of BBQ's and street fireworks. :)

Up, up and away...to the top of the thread list you go!!

Hey Melissa...I think the ladies of 8 Locust Street will be rockin' this GTG like a hurricane!!! ;)

Same bat time, same bat channel. :)

One final bump. I hope no one is shying away because of the weather! The rain will probably settle by tonight, no way the clouds could have THAT much juice in them.

one more bump. congrats to all of you!