NYCOM housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiLLynqnt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that NYCOM doesn't have any dorms :( . I was hoping that they would. Oh well.. Anyways, I was just wondering if the current students know any good place to stay around the area. Like apts or houses.... I am lookin for an apt.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely look around Glen Cove/Sea Cliff area...relatively affordable with roommates, easy commute to class in the AM.

DiLLynqnt said:
I know that NYCOM doesn't have any dorms :( . I was hoping that they would. Oh well.. Anyways, I was just wondering if the current students know any good place to stay around the area. Like apts or houses.... I am lookin for an apt.

the glen cove area is close and affordable - as the summer approaches you might want to check craigslist listings and the like. also nycom doesn't have dorms, but nyit does, and there are some nycom students living in the nyit dorms - you might want to look into that option as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question I don't drive, I'm from NYC so I don't mind taking the bus but is there anyway to get to campus without driving in b/c I notice the entrance was just a long road. Also does the school provide like shuttle service or anything like that?

lilzelda said:
I have a question I don't drive, I'm from NYC so I don't mind taking the bus but is there anyway to get to campus without driving in b/c I notice the entrance was just a long road. Also does the school provide like shuttle service or anything like that?

This is a great question! Remember, once you find people, like myself, that are going to NYCOM and live in the area, you can find someone to pick you up at the train station, too! I know I would be willing to do that for my friends any day!

This why I did not go to NYCOM. too much money for nothing.
The school is good but it is over priced and the living is very expensive.
I live 20 minute away from NYCOM campus and I choosed not to go to there.
Moreover there are 300 students per class.
I am sure NYCOM is good but not for me.
Good luck

dr.aldehyde said:
the glen cove area is close and affordable - as the summer approaches you might want to check craigslist listings and the like. also nycom doesn't have dorms, but nyit does, and there are some nycom students living in the nyit dorms - you might want to look into that option as well.

is it hard to get into nyit dorms? and is it further than the glen cove area apartments?

jellibelli said:
is it hard to get into nyit dorms? and is it further than the glen cove area apartments?

NYIT doesnt have any dorms on campus, they rent dorms from SUNY Old Westbury (which is about 10 - 15 minutes away). I'm not sure if NYCOM students are able to use them. And I'm not sure you would want to use them even if you could. I've been in them and they're pretty crappy

i live about 10 minutes away from NYCOM , all I can say is the North Shore of Long Island is extremely expensive, actually one of the most expensive areas in the country with towns like Sands Point. You're probably better off looking for a place a few miles SOUTH of NYCOM, much cheaper. The difference of $$ between a few miles north or a few miles south is incredible.

I def. agree with Will. I like on the North Shore too and the prices have become rediculously high, south is definately cheaper