NYCOM - Pros and Cons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted212936

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or I should post in "Medical - Osteo" forum. I just read the thread "Pros and cons of your DO school". There are only 4 posts about NYCOM, and 2 of them said really negative things about this school. In summary, those are:

- the administrators/counselors care little about students' interests. When setting up rotations, students get little to no advice/suggestion as what would be best for them.
- the hospitals are far from the school -> rotations are difficult.
- the curriculum isn't geared toward passing board exams. << if this is true, it's what I'm most worried about.
- for rotations, some hospitals take M.D. students first (?!)
- There're very few MD/DO faculty on campus. At some point, NYCOM has a PhD and a psychologist as department chairs (?!)

I'd like to hear more from NYCOM's students, especially to verify the above points and/or give me some insights about the school, please!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more question: If you could go back, would you still choose NYCOM?

Most teachers at medical schools are PhD's you know. MD/DO is primarily a clinical degree, it has limitations in academia, more so with the DO degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
im not in medicine and i know the cons about nycom.

1.) their anatomy lab you have way too many students per cadever.

2.) the cost is insane

This is fine to me..

Besides what the other guy posted, that's really it con wise. To some they're big cons, but it only matters what you think in this case :)