NYCOM question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gypc200

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard of people being rejected from NYCOM during the early interviews? I have yet to hear a rejection or even a waitlist. I am stressin cause my interview is dec 5th and I'm a pretty average applicant, 3.45/25. Thus far, I only heard of people with pretty high stats gaining acceptance. any feedback would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

if it helps any

I only had 3.4 and 27 and I got my acceptance yesterday.

My stats are low (3.2 and 23Q) and I was scheduled to interview on 11/30. They offered 11/14, but I wanted to give myself more time to think about it. I am canceling my interview now anyway. From what I have heard on here, it seems that the people who interview early have a really good chance of getting accepted. I don't know if that is true or not, but they wouldn't interview you if they weren't interested in you. Remember that it is not just your numbers that they are interested in. When I was at my DCOM interview, they hardly talked about my numbers at all. Instead, we talked A LOT about my EC's. You are more than your numbers and I am sure you will be fine. Relax. ;) GOOD LUCK!!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, last year interviews only started at 11/30, i guess this years its earlier. Anyways they do reject early also, but your stats are doable. i got in last year a little before xmas. having early interview is definately a good sign though. good luck, its an excellent school.

Can anyone tell me howe they can afford NYCOM. I'd really like to go there but it's so expensive ($62,000).

Can anyone tell me howe they can afford NYCOM. I'd really like to go there but it's so expensive ($62,000).

it's not really that much more expensive than other med schools - 62K is the estimated cost of everything, including books and living expenses. And obviously most people can't afford to go there, so.... LOANS, which is why most med students graduate with lots of debt.

It used to be said that nobody gets waitlisted/rejected at NYCOM , but there were a number of SDN posts about NYCOM applicants being waitlisted/rejected for the class of 2010. I was in the early interview group for the class of 2010 and someone I interviewed with was waitlisted. Being in the early batch of interviews is a big plus. I'd say being an early interviewer is first 3-4 months since NYCOM starts interviews near holiday season and we have a huge class.

has anyone heard of people being rejected from NYCOM during the early interviews? I have yet to hear a rejection or even a waitlist. I am stressin cause my interview is dec 5th and I'm a pretty average applicant, 3.45/25. Thus far, I only heard of people with pretty high stats gaining acceptance. any feedback would be appreciated.

I was hoping may be someone could help me. I was waitlisted at NYCOM last year (stats: 24, 3.6), may be cause my interview was in April. I am reapplying and while my interview is at the end of November, does any body know if tehy even look at the fact that you were once waitlisted. Also I just got married so you think its ok to tell the admissions committee that i took the year off to make some money and save up for the future, as oppoed to doing any science research stuff? I noticed that this is a very supportive group and i would appreciate any insight you guys can give. Thanks again!

I think it shows a lot of responsibility; I think that's totally fine. Good luck!

marriage is definately good, but they WILL ask you about you being able to get through med school married, just be confidant. you should definately do something EC this year, volunteer in a hospital or do a little research, just a few hours a week at least, so it looks like you are thinking of medicine still.