NYCOM Waitlisted... 2011 Who else? Wait List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if anyone can get me off the stony brook brook waitlist there will be a NYCOM seat up for grabs...:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

I am NOT bummed out AT ALL!! Got my waitlist letter in the mail today. Regradless, I know in my heart there is a seat/place from me in the class of 2011 at NYCOM. Question is, how do I get it? I read all the previous thread information you all (especially Jason) put up here at SDN (thanks, by the way). Precisely, how did you "show them alot of love"? I'm afraid 'too much love' might rub them the wrong way. As for me, I can be charming but, what do I say to Ms. Croot to let her know of my sincere interest? You know, its weird. When I was there the day of my interview, I truly felt like I 'belonged' there (yes, kinda sappy but, its the truth). I had a good interview -- albeit short, sweet and to the point. I sent in all my letters of rec. with one of them being from a DO grad of NYCOM (that story is truly amazing, if you care to hear it). What other letters can I provide? What precisely should my ltr. of intent really say? What magical phrases should I incorporate so that the admissions office knows I'm sincere about getting into THIS school?? HELP...SOS....Ahhhh!!!:smuggrin:

Thanks in advance!! :D :D

If you've already sent a letter of intent, I think you're done. Anything more is just to stroke your own sense of "giving it your all." I really don't think it matters. If you wrote a concise letter that effectively proved your case, you'll get accepted. Think about it in their perspective. The number of seats that become available are what determines how many they accept. You could send 20 letters, but what more is there to say? You want to go.

I guess I will open the books and start studying for the next MCAT. Im sure I will get to a nice MD school next year and I will never deal with DO vs. MD either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doctorman, I feel your pain on being on the waitlist. I interviewed at the end of January and got the waitlist letter the middle of Feb. I honestly think you have a good shot of getting in for interviewing so early in the process. Good luck

I know the interviews end in May, but does anyone know when the last interview is? Also does anyone know the deadline for the deposits to hold accepted students spots? This might give us a ball park on when we might begin to hear if we get off the list or not.

Good luck everyone on the waitlist!:cool:

Doctorman, I feel your pain on being on the waitlist. I interviewed at the end of January and got the waitlist letter the middle of Feb. I honestly think you have a good shot of getting in for interviewing so early in the process. Good luck

I know the interviews end in May, but does anyone know when the last interview is? Also does anyone know the deadline for the deposits to hold accepted students spots? This might give us a ball park on when we might begin to hear if we get off the list or not.

Good luck everyone on the waitlist!:cool:
I went to NYCOM and ms croot said they finished with interviews already.
so anytime from now till august 21st 2007!

I dont know how does the deposite work though good point.

anyway some people pay the deposite and dont attend.

I already saw couple people who withdrew their acceptance to NYCOM even some of them paid the deposit and cancelled after. So it is about time for NYCOM to move on Waitlist.

the deposite is due 2 weeks after acceptance. so all of them are finished by now.

i heard that interviews ended april 12, but i don't think those people (and some from before then, myself included!) have heard back yet....

waiting def sucks :(

good luck to those on the list... :luck:

"I already saw couple people who withdrew their acceptance to NYCOM even some of them paid the deposit and cancelled after. So it is about time for NYCOM to move on Waitlist."

Well i'm sure when the first one of us hears back, we'll be sure to post it up here immediately.

"I already saw couple people who withdrew their acceptance to NYCOM even some of them paid the deposit and cancelled after. So it is about time for NYCOM to move on Waitlist."

Well i'm sure when the first one of us hears back, we'll be sure to post it up here immediately.

Hang in there guys...I don't think anyone got off the list until June last year

PLEASE SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS!!!

I heard from one of the professors at NYCOM that the class is definitely full by now and they have hundreds of people on the wait list.
It sounds like NYCOM does not send rejection letters to anyone, the WaitList Letter is as worse it can get.

Is it really true that they have hundreds of people on the waitlist?

I mean I have a low MCAT but everything else is good.
I got an interview.. What would anyone think..well, NYCOM will accept me if I do good on interview. Right?
Well I think I did very good on interview based on the feedback I got from my interviewer at last.
After 2 weeks I am on the wait list.
And now it seams a list that will barely move. I mean if they have sooooo many people on it what are the chances?
Even if 20 people give up their seat till the end of August still...

On the other hand why would NYCOM do this to so many people?
They are afraid that the whole class wont show up and they have to run after the people in wait list!

Please someone prove me wrong...
I don't want to wait another year for school!

PLEASE SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS!!!

I heard from one of the professors at NYCOM that the class is definitely full by now and they have hundreds of people on the wait list.
It sounds like NYCOM does not send rejection letters to anyone, the WaitList Letter is as worse it can get.

Is it really true that they have hundreds of people on the waitlist?

I mean I have a low MCAT but everything else is good.
I got an interview.. What would anyone think..well, NYCOM will accept me if I do good on interview. Right?
Well I think I did very good on interview based on the feedback I got from my interviewer at last.
After 2 weeks I am on the wait list.
And now it seams a list that will barely move. I mean if they have sooooo many people on it what are the chances?
Even if 20 people give up their seat till the end of August still...

On the other hand why would NYCOM do this to so many people?
They are afraid that the whole class wont show up and they have to run after the people in wait list!

Please someone prove me wrong...
I don't want to wait another year for school!

I wish I could tell u something to make u feel better...When I was interviewing students told me that if u got on waiting list end of february or march u have a good chance to get in. I guess u just have to wait. In other schools the waiting list movement just started.

Do they take people off the wait list based on when they were interviewed or what there stats are?

Do they take people off the wait list based on when they were interviewed or what there stats are?

I called yesterday and was told that the waitlist is unranked. I don't know how accurate that is, but that's all the information I was allowed to have. They wouldn't tell me how many people were on it, nor could they tell you what place you were on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called yesterday and was told that the waitlist is unranked. I don't know how accurate that is, but that's all the information I was allowed to have. They wouldn't tell me how many people were on it, nor could they tell you what place you were on it.
did you talk w/ Ms Croot or Zaika? or the secretery there which is useless...?

hey, interviewed in march, got waitlisted in march, have been keeping in contact with taryn, shes been great. nothing new, except just wait it out. if anyone has been moved off, when did you get notified. this wait is torture.

hey, interviewed in march, got waitlisted in march, have been keeping in contact with taryn, shes been great. nothing new, except just wait it out. if anyone has been moved off, when did you get notified. this wait is torture.

How often do you call Taryn?

havent been calling, been e-mailing if i have any questions, and she has been great in responding quickly and as best as she can. they cant say much about it, but shes still been helpful.

One of my friends just left me a message that she got off of the waitlist. I haven't spoke to her yet so I don't know all the details. She interviewed in March. Last year I was taken off in June and heard of people getting taken off right up to the first day of class so hang in there, there's still plenty of time to wait.

From my experience it seems that the professors and even the interviewers know very little about the process so take what they tell you with a grain of salt. The secretaries in the admissions office do a great job but they're secretaries...I would only trust info from Taryn Croot or Rodika Zaika as fact.

Good luck guys, and just because 1 person got off now does not mean that you won't get off the list in the comming months. My friend isn't even sure that she will go to NYCOM since she also got into Touro. Don't give up until the first day of class.

One of my friends just left me a message that she got off of the waitlist. I haven't spoke to her yet so I don't know all the details. She interviewed in March. Last year I was taken off in June and heard of people getting taken off right up to the first day of class so hang in there, there's still plenty of time to wait.

From my experience it seems that the professors and even the interviewers know very little about the process so take what they tell you with a grain of salt. The secretaries in the admissions office do a great job but they're secretaries...I would only trust info from Taryn Croot or Rodika Zaika as fact.

Good luck guys, and just because 1 person got off now does not mean that you won't get off the list in the comming months. My friend isn't even sure that she will go to NYCOM since she also got into Touro. Don't give up until the first day of class.

Thanks for the update Jason!

Thanks for the updates.

I got a letter from NYCOM yesterday (Thursday) saying I made it off the wait list. For all of you statisticians, I interviewed in November and was waitlisted mid January. It looks like the list had indeed started moving. I hope all of you who are waiting, receive large envelopes soon.

I am a first year here at nycom and am involved with the student government so I know all the professors here. who did you guys interview with. May be i could help you out by letting you know if its worth talking to the professor directly.

Evil, are the new changes to the school mentioned in the other nycom thread for sure? Are the students going to take action this summer? I would hope to have some more info before I make my decision on this school. Perhaps the dean is bluffing :)

I am a first year here at nycom and am involved with the student government so I know all the professors here. who did you guys interview with. May be i could help you out by letting you know if its worth talking to the professor directly.
Hey Evil

I had my interview on Feb. 1st and waitlisted since. I had it with Dr. K Sheflin

I think she is assistant prof. I sent her a thank you note too by email but nothing back.

is there any way you can get in touch with her?

I interviewed with Dr. Leheste on March 20th and got my response in about a week or 2 that i was waitlisted. I also sent him an email after the interview was done.

-Spencer

So it seems like they take off people from the wait list based on their own scoring system not based on when they were interviewed...
proove me wrong...

Do you guys mind posting your stat as well?

So it seems like they take off people from the wait list based on their own scoring system not based on when they were interviewed...
proove me wrong...

Do you guys mind posting your stat as well?

Not that i have been taken off the waitlist but i applied with a 3.49 and a 25N(9PS 8VR 8BS) and just recently recieved and faxed in my updated MCAT scores that i recieved from the April 12th administration which was a 28O(9PS 9VR 10BS).

Evil, are the new changes to the school mentioned in the other nycom thread for sure? Are the students going to take action this summer? I would hope to have some more info before I make my decision on this school. Perhaps the dean is bluffing :)

-you will be required to attend 80% of lectures and 90% of labs
-Quizzes will be used to determine attendance. It has not been decided if they will count in our grade.
-There was never any mention of a dress code

Attendance could be taken by swipping in our IDs when we walk in the door or by taking electronic quizzes with these remote device we are given at the start of school. I think they want to have a head count and opt for the in class quiz.

The dean feels very strongly about these changes. I do not see how he would change anything unless it could be shown that this plan has not improved anything.

Looking over my step 1 review books while I was in 1st year we covered a lot of relevant material so I am pleased with my education so far.

wow. i just received a letter of acceptance. i was on the waitlist for about a month. :laugh:

looks like some movement. hope you all get in too.

wow. i just received a letter of acceptance. i was on the waitlist for about a month. :laugh:

when did you interview at nycom and send in your aacomas?

im waitlisted at nycom also.

also if you dont mind, what was your gpa for undergrad

People on the waitlist hang in there. I know of stories of people attending the schools orientation and someone not showing up and the spot was filled by the waitlist student that showed up. I don't know if it ever happened at NYCOM but it did happen four years ago in Stoney Brook. I know people who were accepted last year after the first day of classes because a student droped out and went to a school starting latter. Until you are rejected there is hope. Good Luck. Hope you guys will join me in NYCOM next year!:luck::luck::luck:

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up on the movement too!

I interviewed with Dr. Leheste on March 20th and got my response in about a week or 2 that i was waitlisted. I also sent him an email after the interview was done.

-Spencer

I don't know if this helps or not, but I'm a soon to be second year at nycom, adn dr. leheste is an EXTREMELY nice guy, in case you werent sure if you should try to contact him.

you know what's really funny? i lost the waitlist letter they sent out. So, i called them for a replacement this monday (June 4th). The lady told me i wasn't in the computer, which really worried me as i thought that might mean they got rid of my application altogether. She still sent out the letter.

Today i get the waitlist letter AND the acceptance letter in the mailbox. guess when the acceptance letter was mailed out? That's right, june 4th. I think the reason my name wasn't in the system at the time i called was because i already had been moved into the enrolled status.

It was weird because i was looking at the big envelope from nycom and i said to myself why would they mail out the waitlist letter in a big envelope? :laugh:

anyway, best of luck to all of you. i'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you in a couple of months at nycom and having a good hearty laugh about how long and enduring the waitlist was.:laugh:

I don't know if this helps or not, but I'm a soon to be second year at nycom, adn dr. leheste is an EXTREMELY nice guy, in case you werent sure if you should try to contact him.
I guess most of the interviewers were nice and I also think the interviewer never answer back the emails.. proove me wrong!

congrats to all who got in.

If you dont want your seat please release it asap so someone else could know their plans earlier.

you know what's really funny? i lost the waitlist letter they sent out. So, i called them for a replacement this monday (June 4th). The lady told me i wasn't in the computer, which really worried me as i thought that might mean they got rid of my application altogether. She still sent out the letter.

Today i get the waitlist letter AND the acceptance letter in the mailbox. guess when the acceptance letter was mailed out? That's right, june 4th. I think the reason my name wasn't in the system at the time i called was because i already had been moved into the enrolled status.

It was weird because i was looking at the big envelope from nycom and i said to myself why would they mail out the waitlist letter in a big envelope? :laugh:

anyway, best of luck to all of you. i'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you in a couple of months at nycom and having a good hearty laugh about how long and enduring the waitlist was.:laugh:

Welcome to the NYCOM family!!!:banana:

Doctorman,

That is not necessarily true. The interviewer i interviewed with (Dr. Witroyal) responded to my email. He was very nice and even remembered me eventhough he had interviewed me a couple of months ago. I asked him for some advice on what to do being on the waitlist and he responded with a pretty lengthy email actually.

I can't believe i got in too. I woke up this morning and had to check on the acceptance letter to make sure i wasn't dreaming. :)

Doctorman,

That is not necessarily true. The interviewer i interviewed with (Dr. Witroyal) responded to my email. He was very nice and even remembered me eventhough he had interviewed me a couple of months ago. I asked him for some advice on what to do being on the waitlist and he responded with a pretty lengthy email actually.

I can't believe i got in too. I woke up this morning and had to check on the acceptance letter to make sure i wasn't dreaming. :)
Wow I am soo happy for you... it is such a hell being in the waiting list.

Maybe I try to call my interviewer, probably she doesn't check her email!

congrats to you.
P.S. do you mind sharing your stat? mcat/gpa

I rather not share my numbers mostly because of fear of worrying you guys anymore. They aren't spectacular numbers, i think i got in based on my clinical experience.

good luck to all of you. when you get in, pm me, we can meetup or something.

I rather not share my numbers mostly because of fear of worrying you guys anymore. They aren't spectacular numbers, i think i got in based on my clinical experience.

I'm still on the waitlist, but are you from Long Island, because it doesn't say your location.

woah, i'm a huge nintendo fanboy. lol. i'm from queens.

Congrats you guys!! That's so exciting that there's some movement off the waitlist. I hope I get in soon....

I had a dream the other night that I got a big letter from NYCOM in the mail and I was leafing through it and desperately searching for the word "Congratulations" but all I could find was a paper asking for further confirmation that I wanted to remain on the waitlist! hahaha!!

This is brutal - but it's better than a 'no'

will you plz let me know when did you guys interviewed? pm me if u want./

Doctorman,

Congrats!!! Could you and other waitlisters who got in please post their stats or mdapplicants profile? Thanks in advance.

The wait is killing me. eventhough we have almost 2 more months left...
Any movment?

The wait is killing me. eventhough we have almost 2 more months left...
Any movment?

I was thinking where are u dissapeared..well good luck to you.