1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

NYEE interview - format?

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons' started by eyedontknow, Dec 8, 2008.

1. eyedontknow

2+ Year Member

Hi

I have interview at NYEE on 12/12.
    Can anybody advise me re: format of the interview and pre-interview reception?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Stark

Stark ApolloAudiobooks.com
    Physician Sponsor Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sorry for the delay, but you still have one day to prepare.

The interview format is three or four rooms with a small group of interviewers. You either interview in the am or pm and tour around the rest of the time.

Basically you enter a small room with 4 or 5 or so faculty in it. They are pretty friendly and ask you the typical interview questions. You rotate around to the other 3 or 4 rooms and interview.

Tip for group interviews: Look around and talk to everybody when you respond to a question. I always liked interviewing in a group because you aren't just sitting there staring at one person and having awkward moments of silence. If one person asks you a question, everyone is interested in the answer. So loosen up and speak to everybody in the room. They are all interested.

Best of Luck,

Stark
    www.ApolloAudiobooks.com

4. eyedontknow

2+ Year Member

Thank you so much! So it's a panel interview. Maybe this is a format popular with NY programs?

5. Stark

Stark ApolloAudiobooks.com
    Physician Sponsor Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Don't know about the other programs. NYEE was the only NY program I interviewed at.

Stark