NYH Queens EM sub-i question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
A rather specific question for anyone who has had experience with NYH-Queens EM:

I am planning to do an EM sub-i there for 4 weeks. Due to scheduling issues, the details of which I will spare y'all, this will likely be my only source of EM LORs in time for the application for the match. Is it feasible to get 2 LORs during that time? Especially since I recently found out that some departments issue a single consensus LOR per student?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a resident at NYHQ currently. You can definitely get a 2 nd SLOR. Our med student education director will always write a SLOR for rotators, based both on aggregate feedback and personal experience.

Many rotators in the past have gotten a second letter from another faculty member. We have many enthusiastic faculty members who would be happy to write a letter for students, so anyone that you hit it off with would be a good candidate(students work a variety of shifts with different attendings)

hope that helps.

I am a resident at NYHQ currently. You can definitely get a 2 nd SLOR. Our med student education director will always write a SLOR for rotators, based both on aggregate feedback and personal experience.

Many rotators in the past have gotten a second letter from another faculty member. We have many enthusiastic faculty members who would be happy to write a letter for students, so anyone that you hit it off with would be a good candidate(students work a variety of shifts with different attendings)

hope that helps.

Thank you very much! Exactly the information I was looking for.