NYIT (Arkansas) v. ACOM

Started by deleted1196364
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1196364

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NYITCOM - Jonesboro, Arkansas
Pros

  • Closer to home and family
  • I like the campus accessibility
  • Pass or fail
  • Can move into a home for my family
  • Wife's employment pays more (only by about $5k/yr compared to Alabama)
  • More affordable childcare

Cons

  • 70% primary care match (I want to do rural FM or EM so this doesn't worry me very much)
  • Questionable rotations


ACOM
Pros

  • Better match list
  • Also lower home costs, could get into a home for my family, but a little more expensive than Arkansas
  • Better rotations

Cons

  • Farther away from home and family
  • Wife is paid less for her employment (again, only by $5k/yr)
  • More expensive childcare
  • Graded curriculum

Summary: From a family perspective (wife/kids), I believe we would be most comfortable in Arkansas. This is the most important thing to me. However, I think I would be limiting potential options. I ultimately believe that both schools work for my desires to work in rural FM or EM however.
 
Last edited by a moderator: