Nyit bs/do.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stonyalltheway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted, but can't decide whether this program is worth it...any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

A mod should probably move this to Pre-Osteo.

If I was you I would take it.

Having to deal with the application process is a massive headache. Worrying about the MCAT, will I get accepted, do I have enough of X extracurricular activity is just a lot to deal with. Plus it's a 7 year program which is going to cut down on debt (minimally).

That being said if you are having any second thoughts about doing the program, it might not be a good idea. I feel like the people that go into these programs really need to be 100% sure that they will be happy/able to stand it for 7-8 years.

Hopefully someone with a little more experience will chime in.

I was accepted, but can't decide whether this program is worth it...any advice?

Do you want to stay in New York? Do you have a solid work ethic? Are you sure medicine is what you want to do?

These are the types of questions people tend to figure out in undergrad... so if you can already answer "yes" to all of the above, then I'd say go for it. Just my opinion.

Congrats on the acceptance, btw. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
A mod should probably move this to Pre-Osteo.

If I was you I would take it.

Having to deal with the application process is a massive headache. Worrying about the MCAT, will I get accepted, do I have enough of X extracurricular activity is just a lot to deal with. Plus it's a 7 year program which is going to cut down on debt (minimally).

That being said if you are having any second thoughts about doing the program, it might not be a good idea. I feel like the people that go into these programs really need to be 100% sure that they will be happy/able to stand it for 7-8 years.

Hopefully someone with a little more experience will chime in.

Do you want to stay in New York? Do you have a solid work ethic? Are you sure medicine is what you want to do?

These are the types of questions people tend to figure out in undergrad... so if you can already answer "yes" to all of the above, then I'd say go for it. Just my opinion.

Congrats on the acceptance, btw. :)

Thank you! I've just heard so many terrible things about the undergrad at NYIT (teachers, facilities, etc.) that I don't know if I'll be able to stick out three years there. But, the fact that I won't have to worry about the application process and extracurriculars is definitely appealing. Thanks again :)

l

Last edited: