NYIT, NYU, Univ. Of Pittsburgh acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JC86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone received their acceptance letters from NYIT, NYU, or University of Pittsburgh??

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to NYU in the beginning of March.

sbf5010........ i applied to nyu and still didnt hear back yet..... r u going for sure there? and may i know what our numbers were like gpa and observation hours and stuff if u dont mind...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I am almost positive that I am going there. My GPA was about 3.5 and I had over 100 hours of observation. I went to an info session and they said that you should hear by the middle of April, so it should be coming soon!

thanks sbf5010....i am really nervous cuz i have a 3.2 gpa but i have over 200 hours of observation....ahhhhh that my number one pick and i am on the waiting list for the other schools i applied to sooo nervous!! thanks tho...OHH one more question...do u know how much the program is? like $40,000 a year ?

Really, it sounds like you have a good application...good luck!! The tuition is by credit, so I think the first year is more since there are more credits to take. I believe the first year is about $40,000 and the second year may be somewhere in the 30's. I hope you hear good news soon!

On their tuition website
http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/graduate_admissions/tuition
it says that each credit is $1260. I received a program mailing that said the program is 74 credits total but in their steinhardt grad school book it says the program is 69 credits. Even if it is only 69, you're looking at 86,940 as just the cost of tuition, not including all the little extra fees. That number weighed heavily in my decision, so if anyone can correct my math I'd be happy to hear it.

On their tuition website
http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/graduate_admissions/tuition
it says that each credit is $1260. I received a program mailing that said the program is 74 credits total but in their steinhardt grad school book it says the program is 69 credits. Even if it is only 69, you're looking at 86,940 as just the cost of tuition, not including all the little extra fees. That number weighed heavily in my decision, so if anyone can correct my math I'd be happy to hear it.
I thought it was approximately 96K for two years. It is a bit expensive and that is not including room and board plus books and pocket money!