Program-Specific Info / Q's NYIT- Old Westbury OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT518

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here attending NYIT later this month for their MSOT? Would love to see who some of my classmates are!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Had anyone who applied here hear anything from them?! I applied back in October, and have not heard a peep from them. I'm so anxious!!

I got an e-mail Monday and I have an interview tomorrow, any one else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Have you heard you back yet.

I just got accepted. Probably not going to go though.

I'm assuming they sent you an email? I interviewed last week and I haven't heard back yet, I'm getting nervous.

^^^^^^^^ yeah same here. How did you find out. Through email or they sent it to your house?

alrighty thanks for letting me know!

Hello everyone, haven't received any notification since the interview last week, was told that I should hear back by the end of that week. Just sent a polite email today to inquire the status of my application and was told that I should be receiving information within the next two weeks. I understand that there is a certain deadline fee of $1,000 by March 1st next week. Does that mostly likely mean that I have been denied? Thanks, and best to all.

warning for people who got accepted and are paying the deposit: the graduate admissions office also requires $500 deposit by March 1st as well!

Hello everyone, haven't received any notification since the interview last week, was told that I should hear back by the end of that week. Just sent a polite email today to inquire the status of my application and was told that I should be receiving information within the next two weeks. I understand that there is a certain deadline fee of $1,000 by March 1st next week. Does that mostly likely mean that I have been denied? Thanks, and best to all.
hi.. so It means that you're on the waiting list, if you haven't been denied. I was accepted Monday and I needed to let them know by monday afternoon if I wanted them to hold my spot. After March 1st who ever doesn't pay the (1,500 - 1,000 for the OT program AND 500) to NYIT will go onto the waiting list and those that were on the waiting list will BE accepted (depending on whatever order system they have).

hi.. so It means that you're on the waiting list, if you haven't been denied. I was accepted Monday and I needed to let them know by monday afternoon if I wanted them to hold my spot. After March 1st who ever doesn't pay the (1,500 - 1,000 for the OT program AND 500) to NYIT will go onto the waiting list and those that were on the waiting list will BE accepted (depending on whatever order system they have).

Okay thank you so much for your help and thank you OTdawgg as well. Hope all works out for you guys.

I really don't like how they barely give you any time to pay such an expensive deposit. Its giving me the impression they that want to get as much money as they can as quickly as possible. And then they get to keep your money if you decide not to go.

Did any of you guys hear back yet? I still haven't heard back. I called and emailed. A professor first told me last week I'd be hearing from them in a couple of days and when I called today, she said I should call the administrative assistant. She hasn't responded to my voicemail or my email. :(

Anyone who got accepted? I'm looking to start a fb group!

Anyone who got accepted? I'm looking to start a fb group!
hi, I hope you see this post, I know it's a year old now. i'm going to be starting nyit next month and i'm super excited! I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the program, have any advice or things like that! :)