NYITCOM-Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The gentleman said since they started interviews late they were not going to make this inaugural class pay a deposit. While it may weed people out, I'm not complaining about not having to pay a deposit! Generous in my book. This is especially beneficial for those who have deposits in at other places, but may want to see what the school is going to look like in person, meet the staff, and get further details before they make their final decision. The blueprints look amazing & the staff I met with was phenomenal! However, I am anxious to see the finish product!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I just got a call from the financial department at NYIT and he stated that they did not need any deposit if you are attending the arkansas location. He did say they appreciated the money though and would just apply it to my tuition. I could've saved that money for other things like new ps4 games. :smack:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone who interviewed on either 2/2 or 2/3 hear anything back yet? I saw that most people got the financial aid email about 7-8 days later and I haven't heard anything yet, so I was just curious if this was the same situation for anyone else

Did anyone who interviewed on either 2/2 or 2/3 hear anything back yet? I saw that most people got the financial aid email about 7-8 days later and I haven't heard anything yet, so I was just curious if this was the same situation for anyone else
I interviewed 2/3 and haven't heard anything back yet either.

Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed on 2/2 and still waiting to hear back

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!!! This is my first med school acceptance so I'm absolutely thrilled right now. I posted earlier asking if people got an email, so for those who responded saying they hadn't heard either check your paper mail! I got the acceptance packet in the mail so check that!

Reactions: 8 users
ACCEPTED!!! This is my first med school acceptance so I'm absolutely thrilled right now. I posted earlier asking if people got an email, so for those who responded saying they hadn't heard either check your paper mail! I got the acceptance packet in the mail so check that!

Congrats!! One of my friends was accepted as well. I am excited about the school and have been wanting to actually ride there and check out the scenery. You know whats a scary thought? If you want to ask someone for advice at this school, there is no one because we are the first class. :scared:

Congrats!! One of my friends was accepted as well. I am excited about the school and have been wanting to actually ride there and check out the scenery. You know whats a scary thought? If you want to ask someone for advice at this school, there is no one because we are the first class. :scared:

yeah that is scary I can't lie. I wonder how extracurriculars will work, like will we have to create all of the clubs/organizations ourselves or will they connect us with some NYIT students to help us out? It'll be an adventure for sure!

400 gme slots with 66 approved already!?
that is absolutely fantastic

Does anybody know if there's a Facebook group for the school yet?

I asked about extracurriculars and stuff during my interview. The faculty member said the accreditation is contingent upon creating a PARALLEL experience to the NY campus. So everything that is offered to the NY campus is also offered to AK students i.e. Board prep, club resources, notes, outlines, tutoring, etc etc

I asked about extracurriculars and stuff during my interview. The faculty member said the accreditation is contingent upon creating a PARALLEL experience to the NY campus. So everything that is offered to the NY campus is also offered to AR students i.e. Board prep, club resources, notes, outlines, tutoring, etc etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there will be mandatory attendance?

Anyone know if there will be mandatory attendance?
I kind of hope it won't be for certain classes. I know that there will be lectures from NY through video conference. It would be interesting to see if we can watch some lectures from home instead of having to go every day.

I kind of hope it won't be for certain classes. I know that there will be lectures from NY through video conference. It would be interesting to see if we can watch some lectures from home instead of having to go every day.
I asked about this during my interview. I was told that the curriculum will be identical to the NY curriculum just that tests and things like that might be on different days. Also, he said that a lot of the NY students will stream the lectures and watch them when it's the best time for them. From what I understand, the lectures will be available to stream for the AR campus too. I didn't ask about mandatory attendance, though, so I'm not sure about that.

Have my interview this Tuesday..this thread has been super helpful! Thanks, all!

Reactions: 1 users
Just completed my interview..lasted about 15 min. max (including my questions at the end). Not sure what to really make of that. :bored: No questions directly related to my app. but I did try to tie in examples/experiences that I wrote about in my app.

^the interview is closed file. all interviews are 15 minutes or less. mine was 10 and i got in. don't worry!

Mine was 9 including the 3 questions I asked & I also got in.

^the interview is closed file. all interviews are 15 minutes or less. mine was 10 and i got in. don't worry!

Mine was 9 including the 3 questions I asked & I also got in.

That definitely makes me feel a bit better haha thanks!! :) I enjoyed having a second faculty member from A-State off to the side of the screen to answer questions specifically regarding the campus.

I did not have that! Super cool.

I'm excited about this school but am unsure about being apart of an inaugural class to a school that isn't even fully built yet. Still haven't found more info on 3rd and 4th years.

I did not have that! Super cool.

Yup, it was pretty cool! Good luck to those who have upcoming interviews!!

Last edited:
Interview is in a couple hours, any last minute tips for the rookie?? :)

Is there a facebook group for the entering class?

Is there a facebook group for the entering class?
wondering this as well. can we just go ahead and create an unofficial one? i'd be willing to do it. definitely would like to know who i'll be in class with!

Last edited:
Is tuition really $55k?

Yeah man. Tuition is insanely expensive. On top of it, the place isn't that cheap either.

Expect to pay 75K+ per year including expenses, books, fees, and the whole package. This place is pretty expensive and we don't even know how good it will be yet.

ACCEPTED!!! I'm so excited that I finally got my packet in the mail! (Interviewed 2/3- Fin Aid Email 2/16)

Reactions: 5 users
I have my II on Wednesday this week, any tips on what they ask during this ZOOM interview?

I have my II on Wednesday this week, any tips on what they ask during this ZOOM interview?
read the interview feedback off SDN. 80% of questions are the same.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a question about my research, what do I like about DO, greatest achievement and lowest moment, and some other very general but expected almost kind of questions. Honestly it wasn't all that bad.

read the interview feedback off SDN. 80% of questions are the same.

Do you mean the interview feedback for NYIT, because I haven't been able to find one for NYIT-Arkansas.

yes. the profs at NYITCOM in Westbury are the ones interviewing you. the dean from the Arkansas campus sits in on your interview with your interviewer but he doesn't ask you any questions.

Anyone know what kind of stats are good for here? Anyone who already got accepted if you can please share!
Thanks

Anyone know what kind of stats are good for here? Anyone who already got accepted if you can please share!
Thanks
I have spoken to people with a wide range of scores, even some lower MCAT and GPA were interviewed, some accepted. Someone that has other parts of the application that mimic the new campus mission would definitely have a shot in my opinion. After all all "in arkansas for arkansas". Best of luck.

Questions:
How would you explain what DO is to a patient?
Why Medicine?
Biggest accomplishment up to this point?
Failure and how you moved on from it?
What area of medicine are you interested in and why?
Hope this helps. Dont stress over the interview. Very laid back.

Reactions: 2 users
is there a specific thread for interviews/questions at NYIT Arkansas?

Most of the questions I was asked during my interview came from the NYITCOM interview feedback page, so I would definitely look at those.

not that i know of. just look at NYITCOM interview feedback since they're the ones interviewing you.