NYITCOM-Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 2/16 heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Post interview thoughts 2/24, pretty straightforward and relaxed environment but it is a little nerve racking that it was only about 15 minutes. Did anyone who interviewed 2/23 or 2/24 ask how many spots they still need to fill or when they would let us know by? Ahh I hate this interlude period.

Post interview thoughts 2/24, pretty straightforward and relaxed environment but it is a little nerve racking that it was only about 15 minutes. Did anyone who interviewed 2/23 or 2/24 ask how many spots they still need to fill or when they would let us know by? Ahh I hate this interlude period.
i'm family friends with a physician who was in jonesboro recently and he was told that they're expecting around 66. i don't know if they're going to be able to fill the 115 spots that they were planning on taking. but that's just what he's heard. honestly, i don't know if anyone really knows.

Reactions: 1 user
i'm family friends with a physician who was in jonesboro recently and he was told that they're expecting around 66. i don't know if they're going to be able to fill the 115 spots that they were planning on taking. but that's just what he's heard. honestly, i don't know if anyone really knows.

That would be unfortunate. I am sure they could find 60+ willing students who would love to take those seats.

That would be unfortunate. I am sure they could find 60+ willing students who would love to take those seats.

Doremonster, what he actually means is that there are actually only 66 spots approved and NOT 115 spots. Which sucks for those that actually want to go to the school.

^yep. sorry for the confusion. i didn't have a full understanding of it until after i discussed it with him again yesterday. he said that's the number that COCA, the accrediting body, approved for the school. they're planning on 66 for the first year and 115 for the second. but only time will tell.

Any OOS'ers, with absolutely no ties to arkansas and the surrounding states, get an interview invite?

Any OOS'ers, with absolutely no ties to arkansas and the surrounding states, get an interview invite?
I'm from Indiana and have never set foot in Arkansas and I received an interview. I do come from a rural area though so I don't know if that went into the reasoning.

Yes I'm from Iowa and received an invite last week but turned it down. Also I applied with the intent of interviewing for the Arkansas campus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Received Inaugural Class Grant which is 10% off the annual NYITCOM tuition per year.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure everyone is misconstruing the GME slots that are already approved for the class seats that are approved.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You're right. They are. Here it is:
o NYITCOM Old Westbury – 295 per class
o NYITCOM at Arkansas State University – 115 per class.
Whether or not they will fill those spots or the actual size of first class. nobody knows.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, I just wanted to confirm - a D.O. letter isn't required for the supplemental application is it?

Hi guys, I just wanted to confirm - a D.O. letter isn't required for the supplemental application is it?
The website says it's strongly recommended but not required, but that's for the AACOMAS app not the supplemental.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I had an MD letter, not a DO, and interviewed for this school so you should be fine.

Has anyone heard back from the 2/1o interview? accepted? rejected? wait listed? Also did you hear back via email or snail mail ?

letters come through snail mail.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Can anyone please post the secondary prompt?

I didn't complete a secondary for the Arkansas campus-I received an e-mail back in December asking if I would like to be considered for Arkansas in addition to the main campus. So the secondary that I did complete was the one for NYIT in Old Westbury (secondary is posted on that specific SDN thread).

I would think there'd be some movement within the next couple of weeks. UAMS just sent letters out at the end of last week so those accepting positions there may give up their position at NYITCOM AR. Both schools use snail mail to communicate so there's some lag time.

How many of those accepted are waiting For UAMS to send out acceptances so you can go there instead?

I got a letter from here yesterday saying that I'm on the waitlist, and there was a letter inside that I had to fill out and send back, to indicate if I want to be kept on the wait list or not.

I got a letter from here yesterday saying that I'm on the waitlist, and there was a letter inside that I had to fill out and send back, to indicate if I want to be kept on the wait list or not.
Got the waitlist letter today too

So I'm on the waitlist for this school. You guys think, especially in point in the game, there's hope to get accepted? From that article before, it said 89/115 seats were already filled right?

Also, how long will it take for them to contact us about their final decision?

i don't know if they've released that information yet. hopefully they will soon!

Last edited:
So I'm on the waitlist for this school. You guys think, especially in point in the game, there's hope to get accepted? From that article before, it said 89/115 seats were already filled right?

Also, how long will it take for them to contact us about their final decision?
Last week the count was 106 have committed.

Last week the count was 106 have committed.
Where did you find that information?

Also, when they say committed, that means they are 100% going there right? I'm asking since I heard that this inaugural class doesn't need a deposit, so how would they know that those people are going there for sure? Do they sign something?

Where did you find that information?

Also, when they say committed, that means they are 100% going there right? I'm asking since I heard that this inaugural class doesn't need a deposit, so how would they know that those people are going there for sure? Do they sign something?
yes, we had to sign a form of intent that was due within two weeks of receiving our acceptance to hold our spot within the class of 2020.

yes, we had to sign a form of intent that was due within two weeks of receiving our acceptance to hold our spot within the class of 2020.

So is there anything stopping an accepted applicant from withdrawing in the rare chance that they decide to go somewhere else? Is there some sort of penalty fee they pay or something like that?

So is there anything stopping an accepted applicant from withdrawing in the rare chance that they decide to go somewhere else? Is there some sort of penalty fee they pay or something like that?

You lose your deposit

Whhhaaaaaa, no deposit for a medical school acceptance? Then nah, should be noting holding you back. You might want to double check with them though.
Yeah, the inaugural class doesn't have a deposit which was why I was asking. From what I remember, April 30 is the final deadline for when all students need to have their final decisions made right? So what's stopping someone who was already accepted here and somewhere else to wait until the last minute to choose (whether it be for this school or somewhere else)? Because this directly affects people in my situation with being on the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Oh and @dred27 I found the 106 number you mentioned.

On their facebook on March 10, it said "106 students have been accepted and have committed to the new location."

Reactions: 1 users
I know a few people who are going to drop last minute, which sucks for those that are on the waitlist. They should seriously have some sort of deposit.