This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed347

Reaction score
Hi! I wanted to post this so I could get some advice on which school would be the better option. They are all good medical schools

I was rlly attracted to Touro bc its all about serving the community and but going there and not seeing a real campus kind of bummed me out, theres one building and classes are in the basement, not a lot of windows idk how much that would affect my mental - but if its a good experience its only 2 yrs technically which isn’t too bad and then its rotations. Touro also has a test every Monday for M1 students....but again the more exams means you can afford a bad grade without worrying about failing.

NYIT is a really good school don’t get me wrong it might be better than Touro but then again ill be living at home till im 27, another con is that its all asynchronous and there are no mandatory classes since its pre recorded lectures - all u go in for are labs and exams which is like covid learning and idk if id really like that. The curriculum is tested in block exams every 5-6 weeks.

Novas campus is just so beautiful!! And according to the website, its about community as well, international trips for service which is the stuff that I love, but I've heard some stuff about board prep and their administration. I've heard tests are every 2-3 weeks and that you don't get the summer off for M1? but not really sure about the curriculum.

wWould really appreciate any advice!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Choose between Touro and NYIT. Students usually prefer no mandatory lectures. It gives them the flexibility on when to review material and they don’t feel worn down compared to having several hours of lectures in a row each day. They can rely more on 3rd party resources as well.

TA sessions and office hours are still a way to interact with the material in a real-time setting.