NYITCOM VS UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

never-too-late

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is one of these better than the other?

I get more of a warm-fuzzy feeling at UNECOM

but NYIT has the DO/PhD option, which I didn't even know was an option till I applied there. It's not a make or break for me, only something that interests me in considering. Also NYIT has a 4-day school week and less required attendance.

Thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

If it's NYITCOM-Old Westbury then go with NYIT.

Less attendance = better for you. Rotation sites are better.

Yes I mostly only applied NY and New England schools. But funny thing: If we’re basing it on rotation sites, UNECOM wins hands down. I can live at home and save living expenses at a couple of UNECOM rotation sites, whereas I’d have to pay NY/NJ rents at NYIT!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I mostly only applied NY and New England schools. But funny thing: If we’re basing it on rotation sites, UNECOM wins hands down. I can live at home and save living expenses at a couple of UNECOM rotation sites, whereas I’d have to pay NY/NJ rents at NYIT!

In that case go with UNECOM. I thought you were based in NY but I thought wrong. The curriculums won't be drastically different and you'll have social circles / family to fall back on.

Last edited:
I don't have any info on NYIT-OW, but I also got the warm-fuzzies at UNECOM. Students seemed laid back, and it seemed like a genuinely supportive environment. It was definitely one of my top DO choices.

Good luck with your decision! :)