NYMC Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoever was wondering about March interviews - I interviewed in March and was accepted in May. I know it's anecdotal, but it shows that there is hope.

Oh, and about scribes. BEST...THING...EVER. Take away my coffee, take away my highlighters, but PLEASE don't take away my scribes. (Just kidding, er, sorta).

Members don't see this ad.

do u think it's too late to hope for an interview? if they are booked thorugh march now...

bubbleyum said:
do u think it's too late to hope for an interview? if they are booked thorugh march now...

i havent heard jack from nymc.

Members don't see this ad :)
theunderdog said:
i havent heard jack from nymc.

Has anyone else heard lately from NYMC, are there still people who interviewed in Sept/October who havent heard?

i still haven't heard from them and i interviewed at the end of october....hoping i'll hear from them soon :cool:

slyboy101 said:
i still haven't heard from them and i interviewed at the end of october....hoping i'll hear from them soon :cool:

Even though people havent posted it on this thread, I have seen that a couple of people have been rejected post-interview. So they do reject post- interview according to their applicant profile..... Maybe a good thing you havent heard, maybe deciding between WL and acceptance. I got my waitlist really fast, even before the 8-12 week period they said to expect. Now I get to wait until May/ :thumbdown:

I declined my acceptance. Hopefully you guys won't have to wait until May to get pulled off the WL. They might start pulling people off as people decline their offers.

waitlisted
3.52 GPA from Cornell, 33Q MCAT, EMT cert in NYS lots of research and volunteering....

Interviews went ok except I thought they wanted the entire AMCAS app not just essay, so I gave them my entire app including lists of other schools, they may have waitlisted me to see if I'd attend over the other 20 schools I applied to....

Hi, I am waiting on hearing from NYMC. When did you interview and when did you hear back? Thanks.

FenderHM said:
waitlisted
3.52 GPA from Cornell, 33Q MCAT, EMT cert in NYS lots of research and volunteering....

Interviews went ok except I thought they wanted the entire AMCAS app not just essay, so I gave them my entire app including lists of other schools, they may have waitlisted me to see if I'd attend over the other 20 schools I applied to....

Oh, NYMC! Why won't you interview me? You'll like me, I promise.

I'm still waiting to hear from them. I emailed to ask for an interview while I'm traveling in NY, and they told me that if I was granted an interview they would let me know.

Does anyone know about waitlist movements? Ie. How much of the waitlist gets in later?

Curious to know for those of you that have interviewed and then were accepted/rejected/waitlisted: did your status page change at all? I was complete pretty late (december) and I still haven't heard anything regarding my application status, but I check the page and it says that it get's updated daily. Is that true?

DrLizzie said:
Curious to know for those of you that have interviewed and then were accepted/rejected/waitlisted: did your status page change at all? I was complete pretty late (december) and I still haven't heard anything regarding my application status, but I check the page and it says that it get's updated daily. Is that true?

i was accepted and the status page still has blank under decision

called these guys up today and they said they are booked through March but interview till mid april. I think there is still hope for all of us who have been complete for over 4 months now!