NYMC Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caligirl05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At the end of December, the October interviewees heard about their status post interview from NYMC. I was wondering how they were contacted - email, phone, post. I tried to locate the thread but was unable to find it. If anyone has talked to admissions lately and had heard anything about when early November interviewees will be contacted, please post here. Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

they emailed me and then sent a letter that had the reply page on it. I interviewed in the oct. and was accepted on dec. 19. I think that they also do lump acceptances where they only sent those out a few days each year. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at NYMC on 11/7. They should be getting back to me soon, right?

I interviewed 12/7, Didn't they tell us like 8-10 or 10-12 weeks???? My advisor used to work there and she said they are slllllllloooooooowwwwww.

Boo!

i interviewed 10/19, recieved acceptance by email 12/19, recieved acceptance packet by snail mail 12/23 to my permanent address, so i would guess november interviewees should be getting an response soon.

i don't nymc was that slow, at least they notify when they say they're going to notify. drexel said like 4-6 weeks when i interviewed 11/12 and it's been more than 8 weeks already.

I interviewed early-mid December, and I know people are still waiting who had november interviews, so I am not surpised that I have not hear. however, does anybody know when the adcom typically meets? Or meets next? Just trying to get a sense when the next batch of acceptances will come out.

I'm interested in hearing the answer to this question also! As an early Nov. interviewee, I'm assuming that I'll hear soon as the 12th week mark is fast approaching....hopefully it's an email acceptance!

FYI, I sent an email with an update on my file two weeks ago but I never received any response...not that I was expecting one but it would have been nice to know if a decision had been made!

I was hoping that we might hear today....I have no idea when the adcom actually meets, but I feel like we should be hearing anytime now.

hey guys...i think i posted this somewhere else...but just letting you know that i interviewed on 10/26 and still haven't heard anything...painful...just painful

For those of you who interviewed and are accepted...how did u feel about the interview when you walked out? I just had mine today and I am not sure...a couple of points from the interview def had me stumped :\

DocMD85 said:
For those of you who interviewed and are accepted...how did u feel about the interview when you walked out? I just had mine today and I am not sure...a couple of points from the interview def had me stumped :\

It doesnt matter. You wont know whether you got in until sometime in August. I mean seriously, people have interviewed in october and still not heard back. I mean I did but more than 3 months at a rolling schools is insane....

This is a little bit off topic but I was wondering if any of you guys took advantage of the host program, and if so would you recommend it? Thanks and hope you guys hear back soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr Tricks said:
This is a little bit off topic but I was wondering if any of you guys took advantage of the host program, and if so would you recommend it? Thanks and hope you guys hear back soon.

I stayed with a student host when I interviewed on 1/24. I would highly recommend it. It is the perfect time to ask questions and see the very nice dorms. The dorms are also very close to the school, which allows you to get a little more sleep than if you had to get a taxi. Also, it saves money; my only cost was a taxi ride to and from the airport (runs about $25-30 each way) and some good New York-style pizza. I lucked out at my host's place. One of his roommates let me sleep in his bed (instead of on an inflatable mattress) because he was staying at his girlfriend's place. If you get there early enough you could always relax and work out at the nearby weight/cardio room. It seems that most of the out-of-state people choose the student host program.

Good luck at the interview; it is very casual and nothing to worry about. (The anatomy lab, shown on the tour, is amazing!)

BOBODR said:
It doesnt matter. You wont know whether you got in until sometime in August. I mean seriously, people have interviewed in october and still not heard back. I mean I did but more than 3 months at a rolling schools is insane....

has anybody heard anything lately, acceptance, waitlist, rejection? anybody call and know when they might meet next? just curious...

I interviewed on 11/21 and just got the acceptance email today! :) Good luck to everyone still waiting! :luck: Oh, and they said they are going to sent the official acceptance letter to my permanent address

I just checked my email, and I got the same one! :) Interviewed 11/22

good :luck: to everyone who is still waiting

psufan said:
I just checked my email, and I got the same one! :) Interviewed 11/22

I think I will probably be withdrawing though...

good :luck: to everyone who is still waiting

anybody hear anything who interviewed in december???

I just got the email too. I am so excited. Good luck to everyone else waiting to here. I interviewed the second week of November.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted. Would it be possible for the people who were accepted to post their stats? Thanks.

Got the email also, interviewed 11/4! congrats to those who heard today. Looks like they did the whole November crowd in one fellow swoop.

Ditto on the email...yay me!! Interviewed 12/1

singh0113 said:
Congrats to everyone who was accepted. Would it be possible for the people who were accepted to post their stats? Thanks.

31Q, 3.78 overall GPA, 3.63 BPCM GPA
along with lots of ECs - research and volunteering/shadowing stuff

hope that helps

Any other December interviewees hear any news? I interviewed on 12/5. Any one interview on 12/5 or after 12/5 get a decision yet?

troopa said:

troopa said:

interviewed in december and accepted. nice!

i interviewed toward the end of december, so hopefully that means my decision will come in the next batch. anyone know for sure how often the committee meets to make decisions?

congrats to everyone who got in.

I interviewed 12/15, so I guess I'll be hearing in a couple of weeks :)

still dont have an interview....is it too late?? :scared:

Does NYMC send out decisions in batches? Has anyone tried calling the school to ask if they made a decision?

Interview 11/23 heard today (2/8). Congrats to all others accepted. I did post another thread though...does anyone have any suggestions between NYMC and Jefferson?

Dr_Frank_II said:
Interview 11/23 heard today (2/8). Congrats to all others accepted. I did post another thread though...does anyone have any suggestions between NYMC and Jefferson?

I interviewed 12/12, and still no word. I would definitely think that some of us early December interviews will be getting reviewed real soon.

wilson bitt said:
I interviewed 12/12, and still no word. I would definitely think that some of us early December interviews will be getting reviewed real soon.

Anybody hear anything from NYMC this week post-interview?? Acceptances? Wouldn't this be the time when they would be sending out some decisions, or are their acceptances sent out rather randomly? anyone else out there in that 8-12 week window waiting anxiously like me??

wilson bitt said:
Anybody hear anything from NYMC this week post-interview?? Acceptances? Wouldn't this be the time when they would be sending out some decisions, or are their acceptances sent out rather randomly? anyone else out there in that 8-12 week window waiting anxiously like me??

wow, i was literally just searching for this thread to bump it up. you beat me to it. anyway, yeah, it's getting closer to the 9 week point for me. so, i'm anxiously awaiting news. hopefully they'll be meeting again soon. best of luck.

I interviewed on Dec. 5th and haven't heard anything yet. I think I've developed a fear of the mailman.

wilson bitt said:

singh0113 said:
I interviewed on Dec. 5th and haven't heard anything yet. I think I've developed a fear of the mailman.

any recent acceptances or any other decision from NYMC? early december interview here, and nothing to report as of now. definitely approaching the latter end of that 8-12 week window...

shuzee said:
still dont have an interview....is it too late?? :scared:
i think they interview through april, so there is still a possibility.

I'm waitlisted.

Those bastards.

Oh well, I'd probably pick slu over nymc at the moment.

Hi, sorry about the waitlist. When did you interview and when did you hear?

Pewl said:
I'm waitlisted.

Those bastards.

Oh well, I'd probably pick slu over nymc at the moment.

So I interviewed 11/2 and still have not heard anything. That's almost 4 months with no feedback. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I suggest you give them a call. If it is after 12 weeks (or 3 months), the lady on the phone will check your status (914-594-4507). Goodluck!

rito said:
So I interviewed 11/2 and still have not heard anything. That's almost 4 months with no feedback. Anyone else in a similar situation?

is NYMC sending decisions by email, phone call or regular mail. I am also in this 3 month window, and wondering what I should be waiting for.
thanks

nevermind, i read the begining posts.
sorry about that

singh0113 said:

Is today the day for December interviewees? Any e-mail acceptances or status changes online for anyone as of today? If there is no action today, then I guess we are all looking at more waiting until probably late next week.

Calm Down

I just called them and they said that no decisions for December have been sent out yet. "No December Yet" were his exact words. You should hear early or late next week for sure.

Bases

BasesofHumanity said:
Calm Down

I just called them and they said that no decisions for December have been sent out yet. "No December Yet" were his exact words. You should hear early or late next week for sure.

Bases

i am calm...but thanks for the info.

This thread was already on the 4th page! So this is the week we're "suppose" to hear something right?!... I checked my email right after I woke up... and nothing yet... anyone else have any luck?

OhtheSilliness said:
This thread was already on the 4th page! So this is the week we're "suppose" to hear something right?!... I checked my email right after I woke up... and nothing yet... anyone else have any luck?

Seeing this thread appear gave me a minor heart attack since I too have not got any e-mail from NYMC yet. So, I guess we have to check two places, our e-mail for the possibility of actually getting an acceptance e-mail, and this thread to see if everyone else got an e-mail and we didn't!

i'm dying here with this waiting.

BasesofHumanity said:
Seeing this thread appear gave me a minor heart attack since I too have not got any e-mail from NYMC yet. So, I guess we have to check two places, our e-mail for the possibility of actually getting an acceptance e-mail, and this thread to see if everyone else got an e-mail and we didn't!

Does people's status page change on the website if they are accepted or listed or rejected? It has a section for decision!