NYMC Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From previous posts, I've read people say that the status page never changes as well as others saying that it changes within a week after they received their decision. I don't know who to believe, but it does seem that the status page is fairly useless.

BasesofHumanity said:
Does people's status page change on the website if they are accepted or listed or rejected? It has a section for decision!

Members don't see this ad.

The combination of waiting for NYMC and this website is making me go crazy. Some people posted previously in this thread that they interviewed on Dec. 1st and already received their decision. At this point, I don't know who to believe. On top of that, somebody else posts that they interviewed 4 months ago and haven't heard anything yet. I swear, all of this is making me go insane!

BasesofHumanity said:
Calm Down

I just called them and they said that no decisions for December have been sent out yet. "No December Yet" were his exact words. You should hear early or late next week for sure.

Bases

Has anybody got anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
BasesofHumanity said:
Has anybody got anything?

nadda. i have this entire week off from work, so i'm here at home checking my e-mail every few seconds. i need to get out!

Hey, Just to let you guys know, I stopped by admissions today to check if there had been a decision made for my friend who interviewed in December. I was told that ALL december interviewees had been reviewed w/decisions made on all of them and that you should hear NO later than friday. Take that for what it may be, and also when you guys get accepted if you have any questions about the school, feel free to PM me. Best of luck to all of you who will hopefully be hearing this week.

Now I'm really scared!

boyz of 4d said:
Hey, Just to let you guys know, I stopped by admissions today to check if there had been a decision made for my friend who interviewed in December. I was told that ALL december interviewees had been reviewed w/decisions made on all of them and that you should hear NO later than friday. Take that for what it may be, and also when you guys get accepted if you have any questions about the school, feel free to PM me. Best of luck to all of you who will hopefully be hearing this week.

singh0113 said:
Now I'm really scared!

If accepted, waitlisted or rejected, how are we notified?

Acceptances are apparently first emailed and then sent via snail-mail while waitlists and rejections are only sent via snail-mail.

DrPain said:
If accepted, waitlisted or rejected, how are we notified?

HI all-

I just got the acceptance email this morning! My status page still didn't change so hopefully some other people heard good news as well!

acceptance email as well, said letters are going out today

i got in!!! i got in!!! wow, this is so amazing! e-mail as well. i interviewed on 12/20. there's a good chance i'll be at nymc next year.

good luck to everyone!

Cogradulations to all. I guess I'm waitlisted :( , hopefully not rejected. Oh well, there seems to be a lot of movement from their waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
BasesofHumanity said:
Cogradulations to all. I guess I'm waitlisted :( , hopefully not rejected. Oh well, there seems to be a lot of movement from their waitlist.

I have been WL since December. I still hope it works out. I write them sonnets, and love poems on a daily basis. I try to limit them though so they dont get a restraining order against me though..... :)

BOBODR said:
I have been WL since December. I still hope it works out. I write them sonnets, and love poems on a daily basis. I try to limit them though so they dont get a restraining order against me though..... :)

Looks like i'm waitlisted (or rejected) too. What sort of movement takes place on the waitlist anyone know.

A very sad day for me

:( :scared:
BasesofHumanity said:
A very sad day for me

I'm with you buddy and to top it off ita my Bday. Wheres my effin present? Starting to really hate this process. 4 waitlists so far :scared:

DrPain said:
:( :scared:

I'm with you buddy and to top it off ita my Bday. Wheres my effin present? Starting to really hate this process. 4 waitlists so far :scared:

Happy Birthday. Go celebrate and forget about it. I've got 3 waitlists too and NYMC may give me my 4th one. No acceptances yet!

13 weeks of waiting and i didn't get an email... sigh... my stats are higher than their averages... and i have great LOR's and EC's... my interview must've been that terrible... i feel sooo rejected...

I interviewed in January, so i'm guessing in 2 weeks i'll know for sure!? any other january people flipping out like i am? :)

make sure you guys check your spam box. my acceptance ended up in gmails spam list

did all of you interview in earlier dec? Or is there anyone that did after the 20th?

razmataz said:
make sure you guys check your spam box. my acceptance ended up in gmails spam list

No such luck

I interviewed on Dec. 22 and found out I was accepted yesterday.

LewisLab said:
I interviewed on Dec. 22 and found out I was accepted yesterday.

bump\

Has anyone got their actual letter yet?

No, I'll probably get my rejection letter tomorrow

BasesofHumanity said:

BasesofHumanity said:

i got my letter today in the mail. the letter was dated 3/08 and the envelope was post-marked on the same day. i live on long island, so i'm not too far. i'll bet they mailed everything on the same day. good luck to you guys.

has anyone who didn't get an email actually gotten anything in the mail?

OhtheSilliness said:
has anyone who didn't get an email actually gotten anything in the mail?

I have not! I didn't get an e-mail, interviewed in December, and no letters yet. I'm in California and letters are postmarked 3/8, so it's only been three days and can easily take longer.

I'm in Philadelphia. I think I would have received a letter by now if they sent it on the 8th. My guess is waitlist/rejection letters go out later than acceptances.

BasesofHumanity said:
I have not! I didn't get an e-mail, interviewed in December, and no letters yet. I'm in California and letters are postmarked 3/8, so it's only been three days and can easily take longer.

singh0113 said:
I'm in Philadelphia. I think I would have received a letter by now if they sent it on the 8th. My guess is waitlist/rejection letters go out later than acceptances.

I wish I knew what was going on. All I know is that I've got to wait.

BasesofHumanity said:
I wish I knew what was going on. All I know is that I've got to wait.

bump

My buddy who interviewed on december 13th heard today, dont know if it was mass acceptance or if his was just delayed for some other reason.

DrPain said:

boyz of 4d said:
My buddy who interviewed on december 13th heard today, dont know if it was mass acceptance or if his was just delayed for some other reason.

How did he hear? By e-mail?

Has anyone got any letters from NYMC for rejection or wait-list? Some one got their acceptance letter, but what about rejections and waitlists?

I'm still waiting too.

BasesofHumanity said:
Has anyone got any letters from NYMC for rejection or wait-list? Some one got their acceptance letter, but what about rejections and waitlists?

BasesofHumanity said:

Somebody must have!

BasesofHumanity said:
Somebody must have!

I got a letter........apparently i'm elligible to win 10,000,000 dollars in the Ed McMann sweepstakes....nothing from the school yet.

DrPain said:
I got a letter........apparently i'm elligible to win 10,000,000 dollars in the Ed McMann sweepstakes....nothing from the school yet.
bump

DrPain said:

Hey Dr.Pain. What's up. I was just on the USPS site and it takes max of 3 days for a letter to come from Valhalla to California. Maybe they send rejections or waitlists a few days later. Do you know anything about that?

BasesofHumanity said:
Hey Dr.Pain. What's up. I was just on the USPS site and it takes max of 3 days for a letter to come from Valhalla to California. Maybe they send rejections or waitlists a few days later. Do you know anything about that?

i got nothing, no info, no letter, no sanity. Lets keep this thread alive. Best of luck man. Do you have any info about NYMCs waitlist movement

DrPain said:
i got nothing, no info, no letter, no sanity. Lets keep this thread alive. Best of luck man. Do you have any info about NYMCs waitlist movement

They have already made their decision and no amount of worrying is going to change anything at this time. We'll hopefully get something soon. Preserve your sanity dude, we need it in med school.

hey,
I live in NYC and havn't heard a thing and interviewed in the middle of dec. I also went to grad school at NYMC and know it only takes two days for mail to get to me. I dont know if that helps!
good luck
cbt

singh0113 said:
Any other December interviewees hear any news? I interviewed on 12/5. Any one interview on 12/5 or after 12/5 get a decision yet?

if i haven't heard back about my secondary yet...any suggestions?

krgregg said:
if i haven't heard back about my secondary yet...any suggestions?

Call them and ask. You should do it soon. Some of thier e-mails are sent to junk mail for some reason.

hey everyone... i was reading through a couple of the posts and want to add that i interviewed at nymc on december 8th and FINALLY got my acceptance e-mail on 3/8 and the letter arrived at my permanent address in southern california on 3/11. hope this helps.. good luck!

herefrmhel said:
hey everyone... i was reading through a couple of the posts and want to add that i interviewed at nymc on december 8th and FINALLY got my acceptance e-mail on 3/8 and the letter arrived at my permanent address in southern california on 3/11. hope this helps.. good luck!

Congratulations Herefrmhel. We were wondering if waitlists or rejections are sent a bit later than acceptance offers. Obviously NYMC cares enough about its accepted applicants to notify them via e-mail. I just want to know how much they hold back when it comes to notifying the applicants that are not initially accepted.

I called them and they said my letter was sent out monday, so those who didn't get an acceptance "should" be getting something today or tomorrow.