NYMC December Interviewees Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singh0113

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has interviewed in December at NYMC received a decision yet? If so, when did they interview and hear back? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

singh0113 said:
Has anyone who has interviewed in December at NYMC received a decision yet? If so, when did they interview and hear back? Thanks for the help.

I interviewed 12/20 so I'm not expecting anything for a while but I am also curious if any other Dec. interviewees have heard anything.

wildcatbio06 said:
I interviewed 12/20 so I'm not expecting anything for a while but I am also curious if any other Dec. interviewees have heard anything.

I haven't. I interviewed 12/12 or 13, I can't remember.

do they email and snail mail us? or just snail?

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed just before thanksgiving and havent heard a thing

lyn2006 said:
I haven't. I interviewed 12/12 or 13, I can't remember.

do they email and snail mail us? or just snail?

From what I gather, for acceptances they email and then snail and for waitlist/rejections they snail mail only.

I interviewed on December 5th and haven't heard anything yet. From a previous thread, someone who interviewed on Dec. 2nd received an acceptance around two weeks ago or so.

I am really worried at this point.

I'm more annoyed at them than worried at this point. I don't understand what takes so long. I've heard from every other rolling school I interviewed at and one only took 3 weeks post-interview. With NYMC it's going on 2 1/2 months. I guess there's not much I can do at this point though, just felt like complaining there for a minute....

Does anyone know if they send out decisions in batches? Also, do they let people who are accepted know well before people who are waitlisted/rejected?
Finally, does anyone know how often their committee meets (if so, when was the last time they met)?

Feel free to vent, I feel the same. I hope good things come to those who wait (but I wouldn't count on it).

lyn2006 said:
I'm more annoyed at them than worried at this point. I don't understand what takes so long. I've heard from every other rolling school I interviewed at and one only took 3 weeks post-interview. With NYMC it's going on 2 1/2 months. I guess there's not much I can do at this point though, just felt like complaining there for a minute....

How much does the NYMC waitlist move? Does anyone know?

Since I am among the rest of you, waiting for a decision from NYMC, where I had the worst interview of my life, and where I can see myself attending school, let me share with you what I remember they told us during the orientation.

They said that decisions would take from 8 to 12 weeks. Previous cycle of interviewees have waited for 12 weeks to get their decisions. Their on line status page has a section for "Decision" which will update when a decision has been made (I'll be checking mine as soon as I submit this). Based on what others have said, if the decision section says that a decision has been made and you receive e-mail, then it's an acceptance. However, if the decision section of the update page states that a decision has been made, but you have not got e-mail, then it's a rejection or a waitlist. Regardless, you can keep checking the status page.

I too don't understand why it takes so long for them to make a decision. My only guess is that they are waiting for a larger pool of applicants to form, so that they can compare us to a larger pool.

All we can do is to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and wait.......................

BasesofHumanity said:
Since I am among the rest of you, waiting for a decision from NYMC, where I had the worst interview of my life, and where I can see myself attending school, let me share with you what I remember they told us during the orientation.

They said that decisions would take from 8 to 12 weeks. Previous cycle of interviewees have waited for 12 weeks to get their decisions. Their on line status page has a section for "Decision" which will update when a decision has been made (I'll be checking mine as soon as I submit this). Based on what others have said, if the decision section says that a decision has been made and you receive e-mail, then it's an acceptance. However, if the decision section of the update page states that a decision has been made, but you have not got e-mail, then it's a rejection or a waitlist. Regardless, you can keep checking the status page.

I too don't understand why it takes so long for them to make a decision. My only guess is that they are waiting for a larger pool of applicants to form, so that they can compare us to a larger pool.

All we can do is to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and wait.......................

bump

From my own experience:

I got a decision exactly 12 weeks after my interview...interviewed Nov. 7th and received an acceptance email Feb. 3rd. From the other NYMC thread, it was a mass mailing...all of us Nov. interviewees received our acceptance email on the same day.

My status page DID NOT change on the NYMC website.

Hope this helps everyone! And good luck..I was highly impressed with the school. :luck:

Monday is officially 12 weeks after my interview. I am really worried and scared. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
singh0113 said:
Monday is officially 12 weeks after my interview. I am really worried and scared. :scared:

still waiting as well...interviewed december 12th. this week is probably decision week for december interviewees

wilson bitt said:
still waiting as well...interviewed december 12th. this week is probably decision week for december interviewees

Which is why I can't sleep, eat, drink, think, or function as a normal human being

Since today was officially 12 weeks post interview (I interviewed Dec. 5th), I decided to call NYMC to ask about my status. First, the lady on the phone told me that if it had been 12 weeks then I should get something in the mail. She then asked for my AMCAS ID and proceeded to check my status while putting me on hold. When she came back on the line, she said that it had not been 12 weeks yet because it is not March 5th and told me to expect a decision around March 5th. Given the tone of her voice, I am really concerned at this point. :scared:

But that would make it 13 weeks and March 5th is a Sunday. How are they calculating this 12 weeks? March 5th is 3 months since your interview. Are they assuming that there are only 4 weeks in a month? I was sure I would hear something this week but since you interviewed before me and they're telling you that you won't hear anything till next week... i guess i won't be checking my email a gazillion times a day or stalking my mailman for another week...

I don't even know if I'll hear next week either. The lady on the phone said sometime after March 5th (but I wouldn't be surprised if I get a rejection letter before then). It seems that some people have been waiting closer to 4 months and still haven't or only recently heard something. I am starting to think that the wait is a bad thing though. It seems that accepted people hear much more quickly (within 8-10 weeks). And given the tone of the voice of the person I spoke to, I think bad news is on the way. It's really making me depressed as NYMC was a school I really loved and is unfortunately on the fast track of becoming my last chance. :(

OhtheSilliness said:
But that would make it 13 weeks and March 5th is a Sunday. How are they calculating this 12 weeks? March 5th is 3 months since your interview. Are they assuming that there are only 4 weeks in a month? I was sure I would hear something this week but since you interviewed before me and they're telling you that you won't hear anything till next week... i guess i won't be checking my email a gazillion times a day or stalking my mailman for another week...

singh0113 said:
I don't even know if I'll hear next week either. The lady on the phone said sometime after March 5th (but I wouldn't be surprised if I get a rejection letter before then). It seems that some people have been waiting closer to 4 months and still haven't or only recently heard something. I am starting to think that the wait is a bad thing though. It seems that accepted people hear much more quickly (within 8-10 weeks). And given the tone of the voice of the person I spoke to, I think bad news is on the way. It's really making me depressed as NYMC was a school I really loved and is unfortunately on the fast track of becoming my last chance. :(

take it easy singh0113...don't worry until you get a decision. if they made a decision on you already, your status page would say "decision made", and it doesn't sound like it does, so i wouldn't worry yet. the majority of december people (it seems) have not heard yet (i interviewed december 12th), so they will probably be reviewing us all together this week or next. but the point is you will hear either way, so the fact that you have waited a long time is not a good or bad sign, but just a sign that you have likely not been reviewed yet.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try my best to stay calm.

wilson bitt said:
take it easy singh0113...don't worry until you get a decision. if they made a decision on you already, your status page would say "decision made", and it doesn't sound like it does, so i wouldn't worry yet. the majority of december people (it seems) have not heard yet (i interviewed december 12th), so they will probably be reviewing us all together this week or next. but the point is you will hear either way, so the fact that you have waited a long time is not a good or bad sign, but just a sign that you have likely not been reviewed yet.

hi... i interviewed 12/8 and FINALLY got accepted 3/8! yay... though i was getting frustrated after 3 months!

herefrmhel said:
hi... i interviewed 12/8 and FINALLY got accepted 3/8! yay... though i was getting frustrated after 3 months!
Did you get notified by E-mail or Snail- mail?

cgk said:
Did you get notified by E-mail or Snail- mail?

You get email, and then, a few days later, the snail one comes. G'luck! :luck: