NYMC vs. Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eatyourgreens1001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted off of the waitlist at one of these schools, so I'm now holding 2 acceptances and I'm having trouble making a decision.

I know Netter is a fairly new school with less name recognition (just accredited this past spring and only 1 match list), limited research (apparently students can do research at Yale?), and no hospital on-site. However, that comes along with a new, progressive curriculum and new facilities. It's also pass/fail with a smaller student body that seems to rave about the school.

On the other hand, NYMC has everything you would expect from a more established school from research opportunities to an on-site hospital affiliation. But it's not pass fail, and it's not as if NYMC has a reputation as an elite medical school.

I was just hoping that other people may have some insight into this decision or could help me focus on what is important, or other factors that I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance!

** I put the poll in to get a general idea, but I would really appreciate if you could expand on your opinion below!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The prestige difference between the schools is virtually negligible. If one is cheaper than the other that would be an important thing to consider. I would not be too worried about quinnipiac being a fairly new school (they seem to have a strong match list regardless). The decision should ultimately come down to where you see yourself fitting in more.

May I ask which school accepted you off the waitlist? I'm on the Netter waitlist just trying to figure out if they've accepted anyone yet!
I think quinnipiac is a great school, their first match list is pretty good too.

The prestige difference between the schools is virtually negligible. If one is cheaper than the other that would be an important thing to consider. I would not be too worried about quinnipiac being a fairly new school (they seem to have a strong match list regardless). The decision should ultimately come down to where you see yourself fitting in more.
Where did you find the Netter match list? I haven't been able to