NYMC vs. Quinnipiac

eatyourgreens1001

2+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    I was recently accepted off of the waitlist at one of these schools, so I'm now holding 2 acceptances and I'm having trouble making a decision.

I know Netter is a fairly new school with less name recognition (just accredited this past spring and only 1 match list), limited research (apparently students can do research at Yale?), and no hospital on-site. However, that comes along with a new, progressive curriculum and new facilities. It's also pass/fail with a smaller student body that seems to rave about the school.

On the other hand, NYMC has everything you would expect from a more established school from research opportunities to an on-site hospital affiliation. But it's not pass fail, and it's not as if NYMC has a reputation as an elite medical school.

I was just hoping that other people may have some insight into this decision or could help me focus on what is important, or other factors that I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance!

** I put the poll in to get a general idea, but I would really appreciate if you could expand on your opinion below!!

Last edited:

roarofrend

2+ Year Member
    Sep 14, 2016
    1. Medical Student (Accepted)
      The prestige difference between the schools is virtually negligible. If one is cheaper than the other that would be an important thing to consider. I would not be too worried about quinnipiac being a fairly new school (they seem to have a strong match list regardless). The decision should ultimately come down to where you see yourself fitting in more.

sparksflyup

2+ Year Member
      Feb 21, 2017
      1. Pre-Medical
        The prestige difference between the schools is virtually negligible. If one is cheaper than the other that would be an important thing to consider. I would not be too worried about quinnipiac being a fairly new school (they seem to have a strong match list regardless). The decision should ultimately come down to where you see yourself fitting in more.
        Where did you find the Netter match list? I haven't been able to

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.