Nymc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who attend NYMC, I'd appreciate if you share your experiences there with me. Why did you apply there? What do you like about the college? What don't you like about it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure there are students on SDN who attend NYMC so could you please give me some insight. Thanks.

Yes, but I'm sure they don't check the allo board every hour.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm a first-year at nymc... :clap: our first set of exams in cell bio/histo is coming up, so i can't write much. but basically, i love it here so far-- i can't complain about how almost a third of my class is also from ca (it feels like a uc in ny & there's a large representation from ucla, cal & ucsd, in comparison to other colleges), the curriculum is well-developed & geared towards the boards, the anatomy lab is well-ventilated w/ impressive skylights, there are nice study modules & the class schedule this qtr in terms of number of class hrs isn't too bad. i feel like most ppl in my class though are really intense academically & so one potential drawback about this school is that they keep you on your toes w/ exams and practicals around the corner, especially during the first year. anyone else from nymc?

its cool here.... if u like the east coast. its 30 min away from the city. so its close enuf to go...but far enuf away thts its not tooo expensive and distracting. were like kinda in our own little bubble up here though. everyone usually lives on campus, and everyone knows everything about everyone. some gossip here and there. but thats the same im sure at any school. actually living on campus has its advantages. i roll out of bed like twenty minutes b4 class. we have some really great professors. our anatomy teacher is a priest and a phd. great guy. i just dont like being over here in NY. im kinda bitter though bout not getting pulled off the waitlist at UCSF and UCSD before I started here. i wanna go back to cali bad. im getting used to it though. im happy.

Is it true that NYMC is among the lowest tier of medical schools? Just curious.

I currently am doing research work at NYMC and have met some of the professors who teach at the medical school. Who is the anatomy prof. you are referring to? Could you please tell me specifically how some of the professors are (and please give their names) because I'm sure I've at least heard of them. Thanks a lot. And I'd love to hear more about what you think of the school as a med student. Best of luck to you all!