NYU Acceptance 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smyl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please keep posting as you get acceptance letter from NYU. Good luck !!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hope many people post good news here!! Good luck everyone!!

I interviewed on 18th jan for aspd 2011 at nyucd. Waiting for the results. Are you also there fpr aspd 2011.?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 18th jan for aspd 2011 at nyucd. Waiting for the results. Are you also there fpr aspd 2011.?

hi shergill, can you please tell me about the kind of questions you were asked in the interview....thanks!

Hello shergill,
Congrates for interview. Would you mind to share your stats & when did you get interview call?

Congratulation!!! Can you tell us How many people were interviewed with you and until now how many batches they have called???
Thank you....

i was asked few unusual questions. about fillings restorations bases and liners. and about flasking. rest of the interview was okay i guess.

good luck u all.

there are 10 candidates in each group as per my knowledge and interviews started around mid dec ,twice a week.

nbde score 85 toefl 100 gpa 3.32.

i recieved a call early november.

i was asked few unusual questions. about fillings restorations bases and liners. and about flasking. rest of the interview was okay i guess.

good luck u all.

Hey congratulation. So they ask the questions about dental subjects also?

sometimes they do. they asked me unexpectedly.

congrats for your early interview @ SHergill... can you tell us if they are also calling ppl with 84 in part 1 also for interviews? or is 85 the cut off for interview calls???

congrats for your early interview @ SHergill... can you tell us if they are also calling ppl with 84 in part 1 also for interviews? or is 85 the cut off for interview calls???
k

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Hey Shergill,
Don,t pass rumors if you are not sure for anything....I know few ppl in nyu with 79-83 range and they are doing or done dds there.
and abt you begotted, i have almost same profile as you with mds and was invited in san antonio and usc.
Usc i could't go due to personal reasons and was waiting in san antonio.

Thanx drcool.... ur msg cheered me up for sure......my problem is I couldnot apply to a lot of places so hoping a miracle from these 2 places.. i.e NYU and BU.... thanx n e way.. and all the best for san antonio

Hey Shergill,
Don,t pass rumors if you are not sure for anything....I know few ppl in nyu with 79-83 range and they are doing or done dds there.
and abt you begotted, i have almost same profile as you with mds and was invited in san antonio and usc.
hi drcool77,
thanks for the encouragement to all with score below 85 ..can u plz share ur stats and other credentials..also r u a fresh applicant or reapplicant..

hi begotted bds..
we are keeping cool ,working hard on our profile...hopefully we will also hear from some school..keep working and don't loose hope..

Last edited:

Last edited:
Ash78 and drcool... it seems there are 3 of us now.... and it will be good if we keep in touch and keep ourselves informed of any new developments... and yes thanx to u guys i am feeling much better.. thanx guys :oops:

Not too good stats here too....but stats alone matter in bu only.Now when scores are too low due to single attempt, they are waiting for candidates above 87-88 to apply.....anyways i have 83,103,3.48 with masters in omfs and 7 yrs experience in India and working as rda here since 2 years.
thanks drcool77..u have good credentials..congrats once again...good luck to ALL OF US..

Hello guys,
Keep calling to their admission office and believe me it works. Just a suggestion :)

Not too good stats here too....but stats alone matter in bu only.Now when scores are too low due to single attempt, they are waiting for candidates above 87-88 to apply.....anyways i have 83,103,3.48 with masters in omfs and 7 yrs experience in India and working as rda here since 2 years.

Hello, i applied in early November, and i am yet to receive the ''application complete mail' from nyu. no news from nyu. my stats are 85, 107, 3.31. i have an MDS in orthodontics and have 3 yr experience. It looks like you know some people with comparatively low scores and still they received the Interview call. Could you please tell whats the funda there in NYU. I would also like to know when did you appl?
Thank you

Hello, i applied in early November, and i am yet to receive the ''application complete mail' from nyu. no news from nyu. my stats are 85, 107, 3.31. i have an MDS in orthodontics and have 3 yr experience. It looks like you know some people with comparatively low scores and still they received the Interview call. Could you please tell whats the funda there in NYU. I would also like to know when did you appl?
Thank you

well you need to wait. With a profile like urs an interview call is just a few months away. just keep your cool and be patient.

hi i have score of 83 in part 1 95 in TOEFL and 3.23 GPA n heard from nowhere so hoping to at least get d call from NYU but not sure with my stats....

Hello guys,
Keep calling to their admission office and believe me it works. Just a suggestion :)
hi mvyr, what should we ask the admissions office-because you said calling them helps. please reply

Hey Shergill,

@dr cool - i write what i think is right m not trying to make people loose all their hopes. i will be hapy enough if all of you recieve a call from nyu. m sorry if i wrote anything rude or wrong.

Last edited:
Let's Chill and hope for the best.

Did any received acceptance letter from nyu? from dec 14th and jan 6th interveiwed batches, please post the situation.

I was interviewed on 7th Jan... still no reply...
Good luck to all.

When they do usually start sending out their accaptance? Any idea?
They told us this time they are going to wait till all the interviews are done. So my guess is they might start sending out acceptance letters at the end of this week. Again, just a thought! Can't do anything else but stay positive.

my friend got accepted in nyucd just today. so we can hope we will get the letter today or tomorrow. he just recieved the letter. :D i m waiting for mine to be delivered. fingers crossed.he interviewed on 20th jan.

i got accepted in nyucd just now. :D cheers. got the letter.good luck to all.

congrats........
What date has been put on the letter??

Accaptance

Hello guys,

I just check my email & I got accaptance from NYU. I am so happy guys:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:. Thanks to all SDN mmbers for helping me out.

one of my other friends also got accepted today. cheers!!

Accaptance

Hello guys,

I just check my email & I got accaptance from NYU. I am so happy guys:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:. Thanks to all SDN mmbers for helping me out.

acceptances dont come via E-MAIL.

I also received acceptance letter 10 minutes ago.:laugh:

congratulations to my batch mates!!! see you on facebook very soon i guess.

Hi congrats to all of u for ur acceptance.....i just wanted to know from where u prepared as i couldnt find any info in the interview feedback section....mite be i dint know the rite link....have interview on feb10th ....

hi congrats to all of u for ur acceptance.....i wanted to know from where u prepared as i just cant find any info in the interview feedback section ...mite be i dint now the rite link....have my interview on feb 10th...pls reply

hi guys !! i also got acceptance letter from NYU today :highfive::!!!hurraaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy....thank god..:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Last edited: