NYU Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm filling out my app by hand. I have neat writing so I hope that is ok. It would be too difficult to use a typewritter.

In the extracurricular section, did you just list the activities and jobs or give a brief description of each as well?

In the courses section, are we supposed to list the courses we plan to take in the future or are currently taking and then leave the grade column blank?

For the essay, are you guys using the AMCAS personal statement or a different one?

This app is quite easy. It's the first one I'm filling out. I hope all are like this. I won't mind it.

Members don't see this ad.

it should be OK to use handwritten print, HOWEVER I've heard that NYU is especially anal about typewritten apps. in general, the admissions office at NYU is pretty unfriendly (just read that little "information for applicants" pamphlet and you get the idea).

i just listed activities. but at the end of the app, they say you can send any additional info, so i attached descriptions of each activity.

i think they only want you to list courses taken and that appear on your transcript.

i used the AMCAS statement, i think this is what they expect anyway.

unfortunately, NYU is a pretty easy app. most are not so user-friendly. :)

good luck.

as far as an easy app goes, it is easy if you are on a semester system. it can be a bit of a pain if you are on a quarter system. :rolleyes:

as far as printing, why risk going against the grade? if you have already done it, fine, but if not, i would really consider finding a typewriter (they really are not that hard to learn how to use). most people are typing their applications, so that is something to think about.

as far as course work goes, it only asks you to list the requirements that you have not met yet and the date in which you plan taking those courses should be put in the grade column. if you really wanted to, i think that it would be okay to this with the courses you are currently in and plan taking too.

i used my personal statement from amcas.

i did not give a description of my extra curriculars. if you have space, sure, but i don't recall a whole lot of room to fit in a lot of jobs and volunteer work, etc.

also, once you send it in, don't expect a verification for 4-6 weeks. i just got a postcard saying they have my app, but they don't want anybody to call about it being complete until 4-6 weeks after they have recieved your app.

best of luck, it really seems like a great school. :)

One more question...What courses are included in humanities? They should put "humanities, social sciences, foreign languages, and 'others.'" Where am I supposed to list History, Art, etc. courses?