NYU doesn't read applications???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterfly_doors

Reaction score
Idk if it's true but did anyone else see the Tik Tok that NYU Grossman doesn't read applications and is completely AI? Thought that was pretty crazy

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
They probably have certain filters that choose which applications get read.

Don’t know if this is considered “AI” these days

I know that UCLA and UCSD do some auto-filtering.

According to Dean Rivera during one of the interview day info sessions, they do use an ML algorithm to screen applications that they claim to be modeled from 35 faculty screeners over 3 years and predicts interview selections with 93% accuracy. Don't remember if they have humans look over the choices later on. I wonder if the 93% comes from just picking the highest stats.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
According to Dean Rivera during one of the interview day info sessions, they do use an ML algorithm to screen applications that they claim to be modeled from 35 faculty screeners over 3 years and predicts interview selections with 93% accuracy. Don't remember if they have humans look over the choices later on. I wonder if the 93% comes from just picking the highest stats.
I have 93% confidence you can figure that out yourself. Their 10%-ile is 518/3.82. 10%-ile!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
All the more reason that you have a good strategy to have your essays read by a lot of people.

I haven't gotten Applicant Tracking Systems to work yet like they do for regular hiring websites. Need to check with that school...