NYU bathrooms..input!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorYanks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay..this may be the dumbest thread but I need input on what everyone thinks of the dorm communal bathroom situation...really..how clean can it be? just curious..quite curious..thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

from what i got from ldorming at school where it was very very similar style to the NYU housing was that maintenance keeps the abthrooms really clean :)

yea I'm sure its really clean, considering freshman college bathrooms are even kept pretty clean with all the puking/partying that goes on.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha yeah. i think they are cleaned every day :)

I, for one, wish to continue believing that girls do not go number two. The NYU coed communal bathrooms is really going to get in the way of that. :(

ugh communal bathrooms

/me remembers freshman and sophomore year

*shudders*

slightly off topic, but does anyone remember if NYU's dorms were all singles or were they a mix of singles and doubles?

all single with the exception of a few joined by a door or something?

i read somewhere there are suites in rubin...does anyone know if they have private bathrooms?

freshman year in the dorms some kid ringed our main floor toilet with a ketchup-thin line of crap

a friend of mine goes to NYU med so i've used the bathroom a bunch of times when i visit her....they're pretty dingy and the fact that their coed is very unappealing and would make me pretty uncomfortable

in case anyone wants to know what the dorms are like the NYU School of Medicine class of 2012 facebook group has a good photo album of rubin hall

Coed bathrooms = Good in the movie starship troopers = Bad in real life most of the time :\

Coed bathrooms really arn't that big of a deal once you get used to them. We have them at my undergrad and most people get over the weirdness pretty quickly. Also, considering you're going to be physicians, it might not be a bad first step to begin getting over your lack of comfort with the opposite sex.

Coed bathrooms = Good in the movie starship troopers = Bad in real life most of the time :\
its not that bad.. and you can have sex in them! hahaha
but seriously, whats the problem with coed bathrooms? you walk in a towel or bathrobe and go into your own shower stall. everything is cleaned every day so even if something less than wonderful happened in the shower overnight, early in the morning maintenance will make sure its gone.

haha thanks guys..i'm just getting back to this now and read everything lol..it's not the co-ed hell i could care less..i realize i'm a bit of a clean freak! lol life goes on :)

haha thanks guys..i'm just getting back to this now and read everything lol..it's not the co-ed hell i could care less..i realize i'm a bit of a clean freak! lol life goes on :)

If you possibly could care less, doesn't that mean that you actually do care, at least a little?