NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Listen, you did this to me last time.
I'm not entirely sure what I did to you. I'm only telling you how I feel based on what was said. Originally, molar bear said everyone's failing due to COVID. I said that's not true, no one's failing due to COVID. Then you said no one's failing because everyone's cheating, then you proceeded to say that you are right because a lot of people were failing pre-COVID. How does this make sense? It is non-sequitir. No one was asking or saying about the pre-COVID fail rates. You just completely derailed the topic at hand, which was how many people are failing right now.

For what it's worth, you shill all day for NYUCD, so it's a bit rich.

Lol I've been critical of NYU's COVID response in this very thread. See post #450.

Here, I'll help you out.

Here is another one of me ****ting on the administration.

The problems in both of these posts were mostly resolved, due to us complaining and them relenting.

The difference between me and you is that I'm actually impartial and I tell it like it is. If NYU does some things wrong, I'll be one calling them out. If other people says stupid rumors about NYU that are completely untrue, I'll also be the one to call the liars out. But you are completely biased. You are here telling us about how NYU sucks, but you aren't telling us anything. All we know is that you got kicked out twice, got into a motorcycle accident and you have beef with NYU. I still don't know what went on with you but I'll humor you for a bit.

1) You said you got kicked out twice. Does this include the motorcycle accident and not being granted leave? If so, then what is the other time you got kicked out and why? If not, then what two times are you referring to.

1.5) You said that you knew people from c/o 2017. That was literally 8 years ago. Are you c/o 2017? If yes, are you still a student or are you a graduate? Or are you still working out your kinks with NYU?

2) You say that NYU didn't grant you leave, but you're saying that they might not have let you back in anyway. So what's the point of this? Did you want leave or not? This sounds like a dead end situation.

3) I personally know a few students in our year that just came back from a leave of absence. A) Why were they granted leave but not you who had a motorcycle accident? This would be easily provable. B) Why were they able to come back but you were not? Actually, scratch that last part because I don't even know what happened next because you said so much yet told us so little.

I told you this before, if you want people to take you seriously, tell us everything in short digestible sentences. Having read all of your ranting, I still quite literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the information. In your opinion what were the toughest classes first year, specially first semester?
also are textbooks necessary or will the powerpoints suffice to be successful?
No problem. Your first semester is going to be tough. It is designed to acclimate you to the rigorous workload of dental school. IIRC, embryology was pretty tough, lots of info, lots of things to learn, but it was only a 1 credit course. Biochemistry was also quite hard to learn because it was self study with homework, and going through them probably took 15h+ for this one class alone. The exam for biochem was also quite difficult.

The trick is to study appropriately. Yes embryology was hard, but it was a 1 credit class, and I feel that I shifted way too much time studying that when I could have studied other stuff, like the 3-4 credit classes.

The other courses that were challenging for me were dental anatomy (pure memorization, and the class itself is kind of designed poorly), head and neck anatomy (incredible amounts of memorization and understanding actually but quite fun in my opinion), General pathology, neuroscience (low credit course but very difficult), and microbiology (lots of memorization as well). Most of the other courses are going to be challenging too, but these are the ones that gave me the most trouble.

95% of studying will be from powerpoints and what the professor says (all classes are recorded). Textbooks probably are not necessary, but sometimes there are practice questions behind them and you should do them. Some of the textbook questions may or may not end up on tests, but it depends on the class.

Reactions: 2 users
No problem. Your first semester is going to be tough. It is designed to acclimate you to the rigorous workload of dental school. IIRC, embryology was pretty tough, lots of info, lots of things to learn, but it was only a 1 credit course. Biochemistry was also quite hard to learn because it was self study with homework, and going through them probably took 15h+ for this one class alone. The exam for biochem was also quite difficult.

The trick is to study appropriately. Yes embryology was hard, but it was a 1 credit class, and I feel that I shifted way too much time studying that when I could have studied other stuff, like the 3-4 credit classes.

The other courses that were challenging for me were dental anatomy (pure memorization, and the class itself is kind of designed poorly), head and neck anatomy (incredible amounts of memorization and understanding actually but quite fun in my opinion), General pathology, neuroscience (low credit course but very difficult), and microbiology (lots of memorization as well). Most of the other courses are going to be challenging too, but these are the ones that gave me the most trouble.

95% of studying will be from powerpoints and what the professor says (all classes are recorded). Textbooks probably are not necessary, but sometimes there are practice questions behind them and you should do them. Some of the textbook questions may or may not end up on tests, but it depends on the class.
I'm not entirely sure what I did to you. I'm only telling you how I feel based on what was said. Originally, molar bear said everyone's failing due to COVID. I said that's not true, no one's failing due to COVID. Then you said no one's failing because everyone's cheating, then you proceeded to say that you are right because a lot of people were failing pre-COVID. How does this make sense? It is non-sequitir. No one was asking or saying about the pre-COVID fail rates. You just completely derailed the topic at hand, which was how many people are failing right now.

Lol I've been critical of NYU's COVID response in this very thread. See post #450.

Here, I'll help you out.

Here is another one of me ****ting on the administration.

The problems in both of these posts were mostly resolved, due to us complaining and them relenting.

The difference between me and you is that I'm actually impartial and I tell it like it is. If NYU does some things wrong, I'll be one calling them out. If other people says stupid rumors about NYU that are completely untrue, I'll also be the one to call the liars out. But you are completely biased. You are here telling us about how NYU sucks, but you aren't telling us anything. All we know is that you got kicked out twice, got into a motorcycle accident and you have beef with NYU. I still don't know what went on with you but I'll humor you for a bit.

1) You said you got kicked out twice. Does this include the motorcycle accident and not being granted leave? If so, then what is the other time you got kicked out and why? If not, then what two times are you referring to.

1.5) You said that you knew people from c/o 2017. That was literally 8 years ago. Are you c/o 2017? If yes, are you still a student or are you a graduate? Or are you still working out your kinks with NYU?

2) You say that NYU didn't grant you leave, but you're saying that they might not have let you back in anyway. So what's the point of this? Did you want leave or not? This sounds like a dead end situation.

3) I personally know a few students in our year that just came back from a leave of absence. A) Why were they granted leave but not you who had a motorcycle accident? This would be easily provable. B) Why were they able to come back but you were not? Actually, scratch that last part because I don't even know what happened next because you said so much yet told us so little.

I told you this before, if you want people to take you seriously, tell us everything in short digestible sentences. Having read all of your ranting, I still quite literally have no idea what you're talking about.
Listen, my situation is different than yours. I was an unfortunate fellow in that I Had been targeted, right. My situation has resolved, but we are talking about two different things, okay. You need to realize there was a world before covid and one after it/currently in it. This is where you belong. What do you think will occur once there's a return to normalcy? The CODA standards will return to prior levels, and the schools will have to return their requirements in correspondence with them. I don't know how your first and second year are, tbh. I am not there and avoided that disaster. So, you are the resident expert.

I don't understand you. You don't seem like a bad fellow, but I think I did share some of this stuff with you, like you said, how much can I provide and still remain optically sane?

For the millionth time, my situation was more involved than your ordinary issue. But, this is a forum about a professional school were very curious, type A and indignant folk ruminate. What good is this utility if the conversation does not include the very rare but scandalous situations as mine and some others I have mentioned? You provide your point of view, and I will provide mine. Yours is a lot more specified and curriculum based, and this is good. What I am offering is a potential zeitgeist present in the school or admin that can turn ugly. For those who are on the fence in attending NYU, maybe my forewarning pushes them back to the drawing pool and maybe they defer or not.

Regardless if the school is not hard, not evil or literally Satan's playground, shouldn't it be that we both can offer a point of view. I don't combat your points at all. I provide mine and what I went thru in a succinct matter because it would take all year to go throw it. Then, you all will just dismiss it with ad hominems and go on your way. or invent some cognitive dissonance and incept your brain to a prior state.

Where your pals taking a leave during covid or before? Like I said, this is not the case with everyone, but it has happened to about 5-6 folk I know. How do they determine who is not allowed back or whatever, if they have an axe to grind with you, you are vulnerable. I had applied for a medical leave in D2, right between the break between d1/d2, as I had hurt myself over the August break (if you guys still have that). I was denied. Why? Because it wasn't in the policy that you have to able bodied as it is professional/ethical and because, they did not like me for my ASDA involvement. My dismissal was planned as they had to overturn it with an appeal but forced me to wait 9 months before returning. To my knowledge, I am the first person that had to do this. IN that time, I was liable for the tuition in the 9 months. That is also in the bursar/financial policy so be aware of that guys. Then, they had literally tried did the same thing but they had fabricated my academic record. Giving Fs when they were not due and not counting my MDR previous years and even perjuring themselves in court docs against me. Now are you going to require additional proof of each of these claims and then question me some more and say it is only a fractionally percent of students, well then you would be right. But, my point was I had not done anything to violate policies, this was a politically/personal issue for them. While I struggled as anyone would without their full range of motion/health, I had passed everything asked of me. You said yourself the admin is problematic. This is what I am referring to. Simple as that.

Also, it's just not financially viable, man. Sure, you will probs fare better, but you are also present in a less litigious/maliciously run admin (for lack of a better word). They do not want to risk the optics of being the school to not give student's appropriate requirements, state that you need to fulfill everything to get out of there as a scare tactic (on the graduating ppt at the end of D4) and then lessen the requirements to whatever CODA allows. But, you need to experience the clinical years. It is a lot more out of your control and that is more damaging to your psyche than exams. You can control your destiny as a D1/D2 for sure. if you aren't working hard, you will pay the price. I admit I had not been dedicated as I should have been in D2, and this made me fall behind and then realize I had to mature in order to get thru this school. Didn't fail out/repeat a year or anything but I was close. It was just a lot to deal with with my health/personal life and school. But, I made it passed that. It is when you do everything right and something just goes wrong and you are stuck being reprimanded and that further causes problems clinically with course directors. Again, this could be different given your d3/d4s are in an odd time and some fairness has been shown, thank god. But, before you were here mate, in 2019 February when Spielman stepped down and Smithey took over, it instantly went to hell. Dismissal numbers were up, more d3s/d4s. I am sure you heard all about this. They also now charge you for the summer session which never was a thing before 2019. They have done this to gain more money obviously as Bertolami was told from NYU main campus too many students are staying in the summer. Now, you have a prorated tuition that has never been there. My two siblings went to NYU before I did/my D1 year, it was the free in the summer for them.

And to clarify, I physically needed some time to learn to walk before returning to NYU, they didn't grant me anything but I just took a week off myself. I had no choice/course directors were okay. But, the leave of absence they made me take when I was about to graduate in 2017. I was delayed for being delinquent, which is a thing for D4s sadly but you can work your way out of it by being good in clinic in your extra time. I was almost out just had to send things to the lab and assuming no other additional work was required, could attend my residency in Dec. Gone in October, asked to come in June despite having extra time to finish my mdr as the policy states. This is the leave of absence I refer to as I did not want to take this but once you re dismissed they only let you repeat the year. As someone who was getting owned the entire time of d-school, I just accepted it.

To be honest, it is not possible to tell you succinctly, that is why I suggested to send things. Like, it's a very confusing and deliberate decision , but that is on me. I doubt this would happen again. My guy, I don't want to pick a fight with you, you seem to be able to ride the tiger. And, you are instrumental in telling people how to navigate D1. I don't want to see you guys fail and be burdened with debt. Morally, it's just not kosher with me. It impacts your entire life and the optic regarding loans/financial reimbursement and the quality of life and landscape of dentistry are misrepresented. Still, if you go into D-school here, still don't want to see what I have seen.

Carry on giving advice and make sure people listen to you, but I merely suggest to sleep with one-eye open. if you think I am lying or hiding things, would you want to read 6 years of this? The reason I am so emphatic is while I did struggle and was not a stellar student, I was average, a good clinician and popular with patients and involved in the school's extra currics and organized dentistry. The reason I was always on the radar was because of what I am doing now, I was outspoken in school as well, but it was my job as Asda' pres and then other national/state asda stuff. It was the requirement I had to fulfill. each school needs an ASDA per ada rules and funding practices.

again, where will you find my allegations at nyu or wherever? It is unique to me but that does not make it false. I know a few other D4s and some D3s who also didn't do anything to violate policies, maybe a bit slow in clinic, but they are gone and never becoming dentists. Couldn't afford the cost to fight. It's sad, my friend. A lot of innocent folk, who did fail something, were let go when normally remediation was the solution. This was before you, so please don't state this false.

That's a long one, but if my help is not required or deemed invalid, that's fine and I'll leave the chat. Good luck and you can always ask me for help if you are in a bind/need to know how to navigate around admin. Cheers bud

Members don't see this ad :)
Listen, my situation is different than yours. I was an unfortunate fellow in that I Had been targeted, right. My situation has resolved, but we are talking about two different things, okay. You need to realize there was a world before covid and one after it/currently in it. This is where you belong. What do you think will occur once there's a return to normalcy? The CODA standards will return to prior levels, and the schools will have to return their requirements in correspondence with them. I don't know how your first and second year are, tbh. I am not there and avoided that disaster. So, you are the resident expert.

I don't understand you. You don't seem like a bad fellow, but I think I did share some of this stuff with you, like you said, how much can I provide and still remain optically sane?

For the millionth time, my situation was more involved than your ordinary issue. But, this is a forum about a professional school were very curious, type A and indignant folk ruminate. What good is this utility if the conversation does not include the very rare but scandalous situations as mine and some others I have mentioned? You provide your point of view, and I will provide mine. Yours is a lot more specified and curriculum based, and this is good. What I am offering is a potential zeitgeist present in the school or admin that can turn ugly. For those who are on the fence in attending NYU, maybe my forewarning pushes them back to the drawing pool and maybe they defer or not.

Regardless if the school is not hard, not evil or literally Satan's playground, shouldn't it be that we both can offer a point of view. I don't combat your points at all. I provide mine and what I went thru in a succinct matter because it would take all year to go throw it. Then, you all will just dismiss it with ad hominems and go on your way. or invent some cognitive dissonance and incept your brain to a prior state.

Where your pals taking a leave during covid or before? Like I said, this is not the case with everyone, but it has happened to about 5-6 folk I know. How do they determine who is not allowed back or whatever, if they have an axe to grind with you, you are vulnerable. I had applied for a medical leave in D2, right between the break between d1/d2, as I had hurt myself over the August break (if you guys still have that). I was denied. Why? Because it wasn't in the policy that you have to able bodied as it is professional/ethical and because, they did not like me for my ASDA involvement. My dismissal was planned as they had to overturn it with an appeal but forced me to wait 9 months before returning. To my knowledge, I am the first person that had to do this. IN that time, I was liable for the tuition in the 9 months. That is also in the bursar/financial policy so be aware of that guys. Then, they had literally tried did the same thing but they had fabricated my academic record. Giving Fs when they were not due and not counting my MDR previous years and even perjuring themselves in court docs against me. Now are you going to require additional proof of each of these claims and then question me some more and say it is only a fractionally percent of students, well then you would be right. But, my point was I had not done anything to violate policies, this was a politically/personal issue for them. While I struggled as anyone would without their full range of motion/health, I had passed everything asked of me. You said yourself the admin is problematic. This is what I am referring to. Simple as that.

Also, it's just not financially viable, man. Sure, you will probs fare better, but you are also present in a less litigious/maliciously run admin (for lack of a better word). They do not want to risk the optics of being the school to not give student's appropriate requirements, state that you need to fulfill everything to get out of there as a scare tactic (on the graduating ppt at the end of D4) and then lessen the requirements to whatever CODA allows. But, you need to experience the clinical years. It is a lot more out of your control and that is more damaging to your psyche than exams. You can control your destiny as a D1/D2 for sure. if you aren't working hard, you will pay the price. I admit I had not been dedicated as I should have been in D2, and this made me fall behind and then realize I had to mature in order to get thru this school. Didn't fail out/repeat a year or anything but I was close. It was just a lot to deal with with my health/personal life and school. But, I made it passed that. It is when you do everything right and something just goes wrong and you are stuck being reprimanded and that further causes problems clinically with course directors. Again, this could be different given your d3/d4s are in an odd time and some fairness has been shown, thank god. But, before you were here mate, in 2019 February when Spielman stepped down and Smithey took over, it instantly went to hell. Dismissal numbers were up, more d3s/d4s. I am sure you heard all about this. They also now charge you for the summer session which never was a thing before 2019. They have done this to gain more money obviously as Bertolami was told from NYU main campus too many students are staying in the summer. Now, you have a prorated tuition that has never been there. My two siblings went to NYU before I did/my D1 year, it was the free in the summer for them.

And to clarify, I physically needed some time to learn to walk before returning to NYU, they didn't grant me anything but I just took a week off myself. I had no choice/course directors were okay. But, the leave of absence they made me take when I was about to graduate in 2017. I was delayed for being delinquent, which is a thing for D4s sadly but you can work your way out of it by being good in clinic in your extra time. I was almost out just had to send things to the lab and assuming no other additional work was required, could attend my residency in Dec. Gone in October, asked to come in June despite having extra time to finish my mdr as the policy states. This is the leave of absence I refer to as I did not want to take this but once you re dismissed they only let you repeat the year. As someone who was getting owned the entire time of d-school, I just accepted it.

To be honest, it is not possible to tell you succinctly, that is why I suggested to send things. Like, it's a very confusing and deliberate decision , but that is on me. I doubt this would happen again. My guy, I don't want to pick a fight with you, you seem to be able to ride the tiger. And, you are instrumental in telling people how to navigate D1. I don't want to see you guys fail and be burdened with debt. Morally, it's just not kosher with me. It impacts your entire life and the optic regarding loans/financial reimbursement and the quality of life and landscape of dentistry are misrepresented. Still, if you go into D-school here, still don't want to see what I have seen.

Carry on giving advice and make sure people listen to you, but I merely suggest to sleep with one-eye open. if you think I am lying or hiding things, would you want to read 6 years of this? The reason I am so emphatic is while I did struggle and was not a stellar student, I was average, a good clinician and popular with patients and involved in the school's extra currics and organized dentistry. The reason I was always on the radar was because of what I am doing now, I was outspoken in school as well, but it was my job as Asda' pres and then other national/state asda stuff. It was the requirement I had to fulfill. each school needs an ASDA per ada rules and funding practices.

again, where will you find my allegations at nyu or wherever? It is unique to me but that does not make it false. I know a few other D4s and some D3s who also didn't do anything to violate policies, maybe a bit slow in clinic, but they are gone and never becoming dentists. Couldn't afford the cost to fight. It's sad, my friend. A lot of innocent folk, who did fail something, were let go when normally remediation was the solution. This was before you, so please don't state this false.

That's a long one, but if my help is not required or deemed invalid, that's fine and I'll leave the chat. Good luck and you can always ask me for help if you are in a bind/need to know how to navigate around admin. Cheers bud
I'm sorry that you felt that I was attacking you but I just want to clarify, my point is that it was hard to understand your story with only half of the story and it's hard to take you seriously with what you had provided. To me, it sounded extremely biased with no resolution. Now that you delved into your personal, I just want to say again, that I'm sorry that this happened to you. It really is unfortunate and thanks for sharing. That said, this experience is very different than what I have experienced so far. While I do admit that NYU administration is problematic, I don't think spreading rumors or half truths like everyone's failing, or everyone's cheating helps anyone. The best I could do is tell it how it is, help students who were accepted. If you ask me if the school is worth the price, I'd have to say no it's not... Not for 650k... but again, in my opinion, the school isn't half as bad as everyone says.

Enough. Keep discussions professional and focused on the school, not on each other. If you don't like what someone says, place them on ignore and if someone says something that violates our ToS (whether here or in PM), report them. Do not hash it out on this thread, which is meant for school-related discussions only, NOT personal attacks.

Reactions: 9 users
Any chance of getting off the waitlist at this point? I’ve sent a letter of interest, letter of intent, called the admissions office a few times (the girl who always picks up is so rude).

Reactions: 1 users
literally same! i called yesterday and the lady was actually nice this time and she told me she doesn’t think the class is full
Like I wish they could tell us already, I want to start studying to re-take the DAT. But I don’t want to buy the materials just in case (which I’m 99.9% sure it’s a no).

As an incoming D1, I just wanted to say that this thread and some of the comments have left me depressed, scared, and extremely anxious about my choice to attend NYU. I can't stop thinking about how if I don't do well in a class, ill just be kicked out! please, current NYU students who are happy/at least not disgusted at your school, PLEASE elaborate on how the environment/exam culture at NYU really is? how hard is it to pass/get B's? Im sure there are other students here who would appreciate it just like me! thank u in advance.

As an incoming D1, I just wanted to say that this thread and some of the comments have left me depressed, scared, and extremely anxious about my choice to attend NYU. I can't stop thinking about how if I don't do well in a class, ill just be kicked out! please, current NYU students who are happy/at least not disgusted at your school, PLEASE elaborate on how the environment/exam culture at NYU really is? how hard is it to pass/get B's? Im sure there are other students here who would appreciate it just like me! thank u in advance.
Check your PMs!

You should have no problem getting B's if you study as you SHOULD. People help each other and share notes on a google drive. If you want A's that's a different story. It's in my honest opinion that whoever is failing is not doing enough.

Also, beware of stuff said by people like molar bear who isn't a student and has a history of spreading falsities.

thank you so much! Do you think faculty are helpful and willing to help if you’re struggling in a class? Are tutoring sessions available? What can you do to prevent getting D’s or F’s?

There really is a lot of nonsense on these boards from non-students. It's almost always "My friend's cousin's sister's husband's mom's nephew goes to NYU, and you won't believe how bad they have it." I'm honestly not sure why these people feel the need to go to another school's boards to spew lies. Like, are you seriously that displeased with your own school that you go to another school thread to put their students down?

As a student here, I can tell you that NYU does have administration problems, but most of them are not really going to make or break your dental education. Dental school is what YOU make of it. If you want to coast through NYU, go to your lectures, take notes on the slides, then go through them again twice. Do practice questions or old exams. Re-listen to lectures if you have time. Do this consistently, and you will pass with decent grades. I have no doubt that if you have the work ethic of what a dental student is supposed to have, then you will be a great dentist out of any school.

Reactions: 6 users
Current students, what is the dress code like? Do we wear scrubs most days or is it professional attire?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current students, what is the dress code like? Do we wear scrubs most days or is it professional attire?
We wear pajamas and zoom from home LOL.
But when we go into school we wear scrubs or dress nice. In the library you can wear whatever

Any word on the waitlist moving?

Hey guys
Did anyone receive a call from an admission officer last week? i was put on the waitlist and an admission officer called to check if im still interested wanted to "advocate" for me in admission. But its been almost a week and I heard nothing back. Anyone else went through that ?

Hello everyone! I just finished my D1 year at NYU dental. It was definitely a good and challenging year. I am happy to answer any questions you guys have, just message me. Some people were asking what my hardest and easiest classes were and I would say:
Hardest class: Single Tooth Restoration
Easiest class: Principles of Pharmacology or Epidemiology

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone! I just finished my D1 year at NYU dental. It was definitely a good and challenging year. I am happy to answer any questions you guys have, just message me. Some people were asking what my hardest and easiest classes were and I would say:
Hardest class: Single Tooth Restoration
Easiest class: Principles of Pharmacology or Epidemiology
messaged you!

had a quick question for those who got in: on the app for "why NYU?", did you fill out the whole 5000 characters lol? it seems to be a lot and I only have around 3200 characters rn

There really is a lot of nonsense on these boards from non-students. It's almost always "My friend's cousin's sister's husband's mom's nephew goes to NYU, and you won't believe how bad they have it." I'm honestly not sure why these people feel the need to go to another school's boards to spew lies. Like, are you seriously that displeased with your own school that you go to another school thread to put their students down?

As a student here, I can tell you that NYU does have administration problems, but most of them are not really going to make or break your dental education. Dental school is what YOU make of it. If you want to coast through NYU, go to your lectures, take notes on the slides, then go through them again twice. Do practice questions or old exams. Re-listen to lectures if you have time. Do this consistently, and you will pass with decent grades. I have no doubt that if you have the work ethic of what a dental student is supposed to have, then you will be a great dentist out of any school.
Rising D4 here and I can 100% attest to this ^^ I came into dental school fearing that I wouldn’t be able to even pass my classes. But by putting time and effort into my studies, I’m doing better than I ever thought I would! It’s definitely stressful and takes a lot of time commitment to keep up with the course load, but it’s most definitely doable. No one is trying to “fail you” and while some people may complain about administration or preach that the school wants you to fail, I can honestly say this is not the case. It’s a tough program, it has its good days and it’s not so good days, and it can be very frustrating at times, but many of the complaints people have are the same complaints I hear from friends at other dental schools. For the most part, I’ve had a very rewarding dental school experience

Reactions: 3 users
How many of you are still on the waitlist?

Has anyone received a phone call from NYU recently?

I don’t know, yesterday they told me their class is full :(
But weren’t their class always full thays why none of us on the waitlist heard anything back since a month or something? They’re just waiting for slots to open ? Or am I confused? Like is there a chance still or it’s over ?

Current students,
I am just looking for places since classes will be in person starting September. Would you guys recommend living within walking distance to NYU or is something like a 30 min commute okay?

Got the acceptance call today! Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it. Stats are 20 AA 19TS 3.23 Gpa

Reactions: 3 users
Got the acceptance call today! Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it. Stats are 20 AA 19TS 3.23 Gpa
Congrats!! If you don’t mind me asking, what did you do to get off the waitlist? Any tips/suggestions would be helpful, thanks :)

Honestly I don't think I did anything special besides a letter of intent.

Incoming D1 here, from the folks that have been attending this program which one is the better option for me to buy an ipad pro or macbook pro? I have a laptop from undergrad but I can not rely on it so I was wondering if I will be able to do everything on the ipad without running into any problems.

Incoming D1 here, from the folks that have been attending this program which one is the better option for me to buy an ipad pro or macbook pro? I have a laptop from undergrad but I can not rely on it so I was wondering if I will be able to do everything on the ipad without running into any problems.
messaged